- Focus on helping readers obtain rapid practical information to assist management decisions.
- User-friendly layout.
- Explanatory diagrams, ultrasound images enhance the learning experience.
- DVD showing video clips of procedures cross-referenced in the book.
- Practical tips and cautions are highlighted in Boxes.
- MCQs on each chapter allow readers to analyse what they’ve learnt.
- The Appendices provide a checklist to assist interpretation of transthoracic echocardiogram in a systematic way, and a chapter on Doppler principles for those who wish to prepare the way for Doppler measurements.
Chapter 2: Knobology
Chapter 3: Common ultrasound artefacts in 2D imaging
Chapter 4: Transthoracic echocardiogram – views and anatomy
Chapter 5: RACE outline
Chapter 6: Left heart assessment
Chapter 7: Right heart assessment
Chapter 8: Pericardial assessment
Chapter 9: Intravascular volume (preload assessment)
Chapter 10: Other pathologies
Chapter 11: Vascular ultrasound: rapid Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) assessment
Chapter 12: Ultrasound-guided vascular access
Chapter 13: Lung and pleural ultrasound
Chapter 14: The standard FAST protocol
Chapter 15: Critical care abdominal ultrasound
Appendix A: Basic Doppler Physics
Appendix B: Normal reference values for transthoracic echocardiography
Appendix C: RACE study checklist and sample report
Appendix D: Critical care ultrasound level of competency