Get a firm understanding and mastery of the unique issues and procedures involved in critical care nursing with Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 8th Edition. Praised for its comprehensive coverage and clear organization, this market-leading text offers a great foundation in the realities and challenges of today’s critical care unit that’s perfect for both nursing students and practicing nurses alike. This new edition also features enhanced integration of QSEN and interprofessional collaborative practice, plus expanded coverage of leadership, post-ICU outcomes and highly contagious infections. Revamped case studies, Patient Teaching boxes, Evidence-Based Practice boxes, Patient Safety Alerts, and other learning tools further develop your critical thinking skills and prepare you for success in high-acuity, progressive, and critical care settings.
- UNIQUE! Nursing management plans of care feature approximately 35 NANDA-I nursing diagnoses to provide a detailed, ready-to-use, clinically current reference for safe, effective patient care.
- Consistent organization within each body-system unit provides a systematic framework for learning and for CCRN and PCCN certification preparation. It also serves as a great reference for clinical practice.
- Pharmacologic Management tables offer quick summaries of the drugs most often used in critical care.
Unit 1: Foundations of Critical Care Nursing
1. Critical Care Nursing Practice
2. Ethical Issues
3. Legal Issues
4. Genetic Issues
5. Patient and Family Education
6. Psychosocial Alterations and Management
7. Nutrition Alterations and Management
8. Pain and Pain Management
9. Sedation, Agitation, and Delirium Management
10. End-of-Life Care
Unit 2: Cardiovascular Alterations
11. Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
12. Cardiovascular Clinical Assessment
13. Cardiovascular Diagnostic Procedures
14. Cardiovascular Disorders
15. Cardiovascular Therapeutic Management
Unit 3: Pulmonary Alterations
16. Pulmonary Anatomy and Physiology
17. Pulmonary Clinical Assessment
18. Pulmonary Diagnostic Procedures
19. Pulmonary Disorders
20. Pulmonary Therapeutic Management
Unit 4: Neurologic Alterations
21. Neurologic Anatomy and Physiology
22. Neurologic Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
23. Neurologic Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 5: Kidney Alterations
24. Kidney Anatomy and Physiology
25. Kidney Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
26. Kidney Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 6: Gastrointestinal Alterations
27. Gastrointestinal Anatomy and Physiology
28. Gastrointestinal Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
29. Gastrointestinal Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 7: Endocrine Alterations
30. Endocrine Anatomy and Physiology
31. Endocrine Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
32. Endocrine Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 8: Multisystem Alterations
34. Shock, Sepsis, and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
36. Organ Donation and Transplantation
37. Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies
Unit 9: Special Populations
38. The Obstetric Patient
39. The Pediatric Patient
40. The Older Adult Patient
41. The Perianesthesia Patient
Appendix A. Nursing Management Plans
Appendix B. Physiologic Formulas for Critical Care
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2017
- 27th December 2016
- eBook ISBN:
Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Associate Professor, Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science, Beyster Institute for Nursing Research, Advanced Practice and Simulation, University of San Diego, San Diego, California
Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Stanford Health Care, Clinical Assistant Professor, Stanford University, Stanford, California
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.