Praised for its comprehensive coverage and clear organization, Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 7th Edition is the go-to critical care nursing text for both practicing nurses and nursing students preparing for clinicals. Nine sections highlight the alterations seen in critical care and make it easy to understand the unique challenges of critical care nursing. An abundance of learning tools such as Patient Safety Alerts, Evidence-Based Practice boxes, NIC interventions, case studies, Pharmacologic Management boxes, and more give you a better understanding of clinical practice and help you reference vital information quickly and easily.
- Consistent organization within each body-system unit allows you to use this book as a one-stop resource for your critical care nursing education, as well as a reference for the relevant assessment techniques, lab values, and patient management principles needed by practicing nurses.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes reinforce practice guidelines for both collaborative and nursing care.
- Case studies in each chapter help you internalize and apply chapter content to clinical situations.
- Pharmacologic Management tables offer quick summaries of the drugs most often used in critical care.
- Patient Safety Alerts provide key information for special safety issues to keep safety in the forefront of your mind.
- Nursing Management Plans of Care appendix provides detailed, clinically-relevant care plans tied to 35 different NANDA nursing diagnoses.
- Highlighted QSEN content makes it easy to identify QSEN competencies as they relate to critical care nursing.
- Internet Resources box provides a list of key websites from leading organizations in critical care.
Unit 1: Foundations of Critical Care Nursing
1. Critical Care Nursing Practice
2. Ethical Issues
3. Legal Issues
4. Genetics and Genomics in Critical Care
5. Patient and Family Education
6. Psychosocial and Spiritual Alterations and Management
7. Sleep Alterations and Management
8. Nutrition Alterations and Management
9. Pain and Pain Management
10. Sedation and Delirium Management
11. End-of-Life Issues
Unit 2: Cardiovascular Alterations
12. Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
13. Cardiovascular Clinical Assessment
14. Cardiovascular Diagnostic Procedures
15. Cardiovascular Disorders
16. Cardiovascular Therapeutic Management
Unit 3: Pulmonary Alterations
17. Pulmonary Anatomy and Physiology
18. Pulmonary Clinical Assessment
19. Pulmonary Diagnostic Procedures
20. Pulmonary Disorders
21. Pulmonary Therapeutic Management
Unit 4: Neurologic Alterations
22. Neurologic Anatomy and Physiology
23. Neurologic Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
24. Neurologic Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 5: Kidney Alterations
25. Kidney Anatomy and Physiology
26. Kidney Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
27. Kidney Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 6: Gastrointestinal Alterations
28. Gastrointestinal Anatomy and Physiology
29. Gastrointestinal Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
30. Gastrointestinal Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 7: Endocrine Alterations
31. Endocrine Anatomy and Physiology
32. Endocrine Clinical Assessment and Diagnostic Procedures
33. Endocrine Disorders and Therapeutic Management
Unit 8: Multisystem Alterations
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2014
- 1st May 2013
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor and Coordinator, Executive Nurse Leader Graduate Program. University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Clinical Nurse Specialist--Intermediate Care Unit, Palomar Medical Center, Escondido, CA; Adjunct Faculty Member, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medical/Surgical/Neuroscience/Trauma ICU, Stanford University Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA; Clinical Professor, Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA