Part of the Nursing Secrets Series®, Critical Care Nursing Secrets is designed to be helpful for both new and experienced critical care nurses. New graduates, novice nurses, or those nurses returning to work in the field will find the book especially helpful in learning the "pearls" or "secrets" of practice. Written in a question-and-answer format, each of the 79 chapters has helpful features such as key points and Internet resources.
- Written by experts in the field.
- Question-and-answer format for concise reading.
- Designed for both the experienced and new nurse.
- Top secrets listed in the front of book give readers the top 50 key points they should know about critical care nursing.
- Key Points boxes in each chapter outlines important points to the reader.
- Internet Resources boxes offer readers additional information via the web.
- Effective two-color design allows reader to easily find answers.
1. Cardiac Assessment
2. Basic Cardiac Monitoring
4. Temporary Pacing
5. Blood Pressure Monitoring: Invasive and Noninvasive
6. Hemodynamic Monitoring
7. Cardiac Output Monitoring
8. Acute Coronary Syndromes
9. Heart Failure NEW!!
10. Pulmonary Hypertension
11. Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection NEW!
12. Postoperative Management of the Cardiac Surgery Patient
13. Heart and Lung Transplantation
14. Intra-aortic Balloon Pump Therapy
15. Ventricular Assist Devices
16. Defibrillation and Cardioversion
17. Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism
18. Vasoactive Medications
19. Central Venous Catheters
II. Tissue Oxygenation and Acid-Base
21. Sv02, Scv02 and AvD02 Monitoring
22. Intra-abdominal Compartment Syndrome
23. Acid-Base Disorders and ABG Interpretation
24. Respiratory Assessment
25. Airway Management
26. Acute Respiratory Failure
27. Status Asthmaticus
28. Acute Lung Injury/Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
29. Pulse Oximetry and Capnography
30. Oxygen Delivery Systems
31. Noninvasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
32. Endotracheal and Tracheostomy Tube Management
33. Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning
35. Positioning for Optimal Pulmonary Function
36. Chest Tube Management
37. Extracorporeal Life Support and Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
IV. Infection Control, Hematology, Oncology and Immunology
39. Sepsis and Systemic Inflammatory Response (SIRS)
40. Infection Control
41. Infectious Disease and Antibiotics
42. Oncologic Em
- eBook ISBN: