Part I: The Patient Presents With
Widespread musculoskeletal pain
An acute, hot swollen joint
A child with a limp
A limb swelling
An incidental bone lesion on X-ray
Altered sensation and weakness
Part II: Diseases and Disorders
Connective tissue diseases
Metabolic bone disease
Paediatric joint disease
Infection of bones and joints
Surgical principles in the treatment of bone and joint disease
Pre-and post-operative care
Disorders of the spine
Peripheral nerve lesions
Soft tissue disorders
Part III: History, Examination, and Common Investigations
Taking a history
General principles of examining joints
Examination of joints
Writing up a medical clerking
Part IV: Self-assessment
Covering all aspects of the syllabus, Crash Course offers students a fast way to recap on what they need to know to get through the exams with ease. Styled in an easy-to-follow, readily accessible format, each book is prepared by senior medical students or junior doctors - under faculty supervision - to give them the correct level of information perfectly tailored to current curricula requirements. The series now includes improved pedagogic features and a fully revised self-assessment section, updated to meet current examination needs.
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors – authors who really understand today’s exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text!
- Full artwork programme, improved ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and ‘Communication’ boxes help you remember the key points!
- Self-Assessment section – fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements – helps you maximise your grade!
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction!
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
Northgate Medical Practice, Canterbury, Kent, UK
ST2 Cardiothoracics, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK
Specialist Registrar in Rheumatology, Wythenshawe Hospital, South Manchester University Hospital Trust, UK