1. Introduction to Pharmacology: Molecular basis of pharmacology, Drugs and receptors, Pharmacokinetics, Drug interactions and adverse effects, Drug history and drug development
2. Cardiovascular System: The heart, The circulation, Haemostasis and thrombosis, The blood and fluid replacement
3. Respiratory System: Basic concepts, Obstructive airways diseases, Respiratory stimulants and pulmonary surfactants, Antitussives and mucolytics
4. Peripheral Nervous System: Nerve conduction, Somatic nervous system, Autonomic nervous system, Nitrergic nervous system
5. Central Nervous System: Basic concepts, Parkinson's disease and parkinsonism, Dementia, Anxiety and sleep disorders, Affective disorders, Psychotic disorders, Nausea and vertigo, Epilepsy, Drug misuse, The eye
6. Endocrine and Reproductive Systems: The thyroid gland, The endocrine pancreas and diabetes mellitus, Adrenal corticosteroids, The reproductive system, Bone and calcium
7. Kidney and Urinary System: Basic concepts, The kidney , Diuretics, Urinary system
8. Gastrointestinal System: The stomach, Nausea and vomiting, The intestines, The pancreas and gall bladder
9. Pain and Anaesthesia: Basic concepts, Opioid analgesic drugs, Headache and neuralgic pain, Local anaesthesia, General anaesthesia
10. Inflammation, Allergic Diseases and Immunosuppression: Inflammation, Allergic disorders and drug therapy, Immunosuppressants
11. Infectious Diseases: Antibacterial drugs, Antiviral drugs, Antifungal drugs, Antiprotozoal drugs, Anthelmintic drugs
12. Cancer: Concepts of cancer chemotherapy, Cytotoxic chemotherapy, Endocrine chemotherapy, Immunotherapy
Covering all aspects of the syllabus, Crash Course offers students a fast way to recap on what they need to know to get through the exams with ease. Styled in an easy-to-follow, readily accessible format, each book is prepared by senior medical students or junior doctors - under faculty supervision - to give them the correct level of information perfectly tailored to current curricula requirements. The series now includes improved pedagogic features and a fully revised self-assessment section, updated to meet current examination needs.
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors – authors who really understand today’s exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text!
- Full artwork programme, improved ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and ‘Clinical Application’ boxes help you remember the key points!
- Self-Assessment section – fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements – helps you maximise your grade!
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction!
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2012
- 23rd April 2012
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
Northgate Medical Practice, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Fifth Year Medical Student, Guy's, Kings & St. Thomas', King's College, London