1. Introduction to Pharmacology: Molecular basis of pharmacology, Drugs and receptors, Pharmacokinetics, Drug interactions and adverse effects, Drug history and drug development
2. Cardiovascular System: The heart, The circulation, Haemostasis and thrombosis, The blood and fluid replacement
3. Respiratory System: Basic concepts, Obstructive airways diseases, Respiratory stimulants and pulmonary surfactants, Antitussives and mucolytics
4. Peripheral Nervous System: Nerve conduction, Somatic nervous system, Autonomic nervous system, Nitrergic nervous system
5. Central Nervous System: Basic concepts, Parkinson's disease and parkinsonism, Dementia, Anxiety and sleep disorders, Affective disorders, Psychotic disorders, Nausea and vertigo, Epilepsy, Drug misuse, The eye
6. Endocrine and Reproductive Systems: The thyroid gland, The endocrine pancreas and diabetes mellitus, Adrenal corticosteroids, The reproductive system, Bone and calcium
7. Kidney and Urinary System: Basic concepts, The kidney , Diuretics, Urinary system
8. Gastrointestinal System: The stomach, Nausea and vomiting, The intestines, The pancreas and gall bladder
9. Pain and Anaesthesia: Basic concepts, Opioid analgesic drugs, Headache and neuralgic pain, Local anaesthesia, General anaesthesia
10. Inflammation, Allergic Diseases and Immunosuppression: Inflammation, Allergic disorders and drug therapy, Immunosuppressants
11. Infectious Diseases: Antibacterial drugs, Antiviral drugs, Antifungal drugs, Antiprotozoal drugs, Anthelmintic drugs
12. Cancer: Concepts of cancer chemotherapy, Cytotoxic chemotherapy, Endocrine chemotherapy, Immunotherapy
The (printed) ‘Updated Edition’ now comes with added value access to the complete, downloadable eBook version via Student Consult. Search, read and revise whilst on the move and use the interactive self-assessment to test your understanding. Crash Course - a more flexible, practical learning package than ever before.
Covering all aspects of the syllabus, Crash Course offers students a fast way to recap on what they need to know to get through the exams with ease. Styled in an easy-to-follow, readily accessible format, each book is prepared by senior medical students or junior doctors - under faculty supervision - to give them the correct level of information perfectly tailored to current curricula requirements. The series now includes improved pedagogic features and a fully revised self-assessment section, updated to meet current examination needs.
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors – authors who really understand today’s exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text!
- Full artwork programme, improved ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and ‘Clinical Application’ boxes help you remember the key points!
- Self-Assessment section – fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements – helps you maximise your grade!
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction!
- © Mosby Ltd. 2016
- 12th January 2015
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Northgate Medical Practice, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Fifth Year Medical Student, Guy's, Kings & St. Thomas', King's College, London