Part I: Basic Medical Science of the Nervous System- Overview of the nervous system, cellular Physiology of the nervous system, Pharmacology of the central nervous system, The spinal cord, Somatosensation and the perception of pain, Motor control, Vision, Hearing, Olfaction and taste (gustation), The brainstem, Neuroendocrinology, The autonomic nervous system, The anatomy of higher function, Introduction to neuropsychology, Functional aspects of higher functions, Basic pathology, Pathology of the peripheral nerves and muscle, Neurogenetics;
Part II: Clinical Assessment- Common presentations of neurological disease, The neurological assessment, Further investigations;
Part III: Self-assessment- MCQs, SAQs, EMQs
The new series of Crash Course continues to provide readers with complete coverage of the MBBS curriculum in an easy-to-read, user-friendly manner. Building on the success of previous editions, the new Crash Courses retain the popular and unique features that so characterised the earlier volumes. All Crash Courses have been fully updated throughout.
- More than 160 illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by students for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
Core Trainee Year 1, ACCS Anaesthesia, Edinburgh, UK