Part I: Basic medical science
Overview of the endocrine system. The hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. The thyroid gland. The adrenal glands. The pancreas and diabetes. Up and coming hormones. Endocrine control of fluid balance. Endocrine control of calcium homeostasis. Endocrine control of growth. Endocrine syndromes of neoplastic origin. Development of the reproductive system. The female reproductive system. Disorder of the female reproductive system. The male reproductive system. The process of reproduction. Pregnancy and birth.
Part II: Clinical assessment
Common presentations of endocrine and reproductive disease. Clinical examination of the endocrine and reproductive systems. Investigations and imaging.
Part III: Self-assessment
Covering all aspects of the syllabus, Crash Course offers students a fast way to recap on what they need to know to get through the exams with ease. Styled in an easy-to-follow, readily accessible format, each book is prepared by senior medical students or junior doctors - under faculty supervision - to give them the correct level of information perfectly tailored to current curricula requirements. The series now includes improved pedagogic features and a fully revised self-assessment section, updated to meet current examination needs.
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors - authors who really understand today's exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text.
- Full artwork programme, improved ‘Hints and Tips' boxes, and ‘Clinical Application' boxes help you remember the key points.
- Self-Assessment section - fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements - helps you maximise your grade.
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby Ltd. 2007
- 17th July 2007
- Mosby Ltd.
- Paperback ISBN:
Northgate Medical Practice, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Medical student, University of Newcastle Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK