Part I: The Patient Presents With…
1. Chest pain
5. Peripheral oedema
6. Heart murmur
7. High blood pressure
8. Fever associated With a cardiac symptom or sign
Part II: Disease and Disorders
9. Angina pectoris
10. Acute myocardial infarction
11. Supraventricular tachyarrythmias
12. Ventricular tachyarrythmias
13. Cardiac arrest and resuscitation
15. Cardiac failure
16. The cardiomyopathies
17. Pericarditis and pericardial effusion
18. Valvular heart disease
19. Infective endocarditis
21. Congenital heart disease
Part III: History, Examination,
and Common Investigations
24. How to write a clerking
25. Common investigations
Part IV: Self-Assessment
Covering all aspects of the syllabus, Crash Course offers students a fast way to recap on what they need to know to get through the exams with ease. Styled in an easy-to-follow, readily accessible format, each book is prepared by senior medical students or junior doctors - under faculty supervision - to give them the correct level of information perfectly tailored to current curricula requirements. The series now includes improved pedagogic features and a fully revised self-assessment section, updated to meet current examination needs.
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors – authors WHO REALLY UNDERSTAND today’s exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text!
- Full artwork programme, improved ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and ‘Communication’ boxes help you remember the key points!
- Self-Assessment section – fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements – helps you maximise your grade!
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction!
- Mosby Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
Northgate Medical Practice, Canterbury, Kent, UK
Research Fellow and Specialist Registrar, London Chest Hospital, London, UK
Research Fellow & SpR in Cardiology, Division of Imaging Sciences & Department of Cardiology, KCL and GST NHS Trust, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals, London, UK