Master the use of dental materials with this all-in-one guide to restorative materials and procedures! Craig’s Restorative Dental Materials, 14th Edition covers everything you need to know to understand the science of selecting dental materials when designing and fabricating restorations. It begins with fundamentals and moves on to advanced skills in the manipulation of dental materials, providing insight on the latest advances and research along the way. From an expert author team led by Ronald Sakaguchi, this comprehensive resource is considered to be the standard in the field of dental restorations.
- Clear, design-focused approach provides an essential understanding of the fast-changing field of restorative dental materials.
- Comprehensive coverage ranges from fundamental concepts to advanced skills, detailing everything you need to know to select dental materials when designing and fabricating restorations.
- More than 300 full-color illustrations show clinical detail with clarity and realism.
- Logical organization arranges chapters by major clinical procedures.
- Practical examples show the fundamental properties and characteristics of materials and demonstrate how basic principles relate to clinical applications.
- Role and Significance of Restorative Dental Materials
2. The Oral Environment
3. Materials-Centered Treatment Design
4. Fundamentals of Materials Science
5. Testing of Dental Materials and Biomechanics
6. Biocompatibility and Tissue Reaction to Biomaterials
7. General Classes of Biomaterials
8. Preventative and Intermediary Materials
9. Restorative Materials: Resin Composites and Polymers
10. Restorative Materials: Metals
11. Restorative Materials: Ceramics
12. Restorative Materials: Impression and Casting
13. Materials for Adhesion and Luting
14. Digital Imaging and Processing for Restorations
15. Dental and Orofacial Implants
16. Tissue Engineering
Appendix: Conversion of Units
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2018
- 6th February 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Sakaguchi integrates a systems perspective, design tools, and strategic innovation and entrepreneurship with a focus on execution in collaborating with graduate students in healthcare management and executive leaders. Dr. Sakaguchi has a clinical and biomaterials science research background, with experience in business development, design for strategic initiatives, facilitation of strategy development, and coaching. In the Division of Management, Dr. Sakaguchi is the course director for an MBA course in healthcare innovation and the graduate capstone business consulting program.
Associate Dean for Technology and Innovation Professor, Biomaterials & Biomechanics Department of Restorative Dentistry Oregon Health & Science University Portland, OR, USA
Dr. Ferracane is a founding fellow and past-President of the Academy of Dental Materials. He is a past-President of the American Association for Dental Research. He is the recipient of the Wilmer Souder Award from the Dental Materials Group of the IADR, the Founders Award from the Academy of Dental Materials, and the Hollenback Award from the Academy of Operative Dentistry. He is an honorary member of the American College of Dentists and the Oregon Dental Association. He has authored or co-authored several textbooks on dental materials and operative dentistry and has published extensively on biomaterials.
Department of Restorative Dentistry School of Dentistry Oregon Health & Science University Portland, Oregon 13655 S W 32ND STREET BEAVERTON, OR 97008 United States
Senior Vice President and Editor, The Dental Advisor, Dental Consultants, Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Oral Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.