Master the use of dental materials with this all-in-one guide to restorative materials and procedures! Craig’s Restorative Dental Materials, 14th Edition covers everything you need to know to understand the science of selecting dental materials when designing and fabricating restorations. It begins with fundamentals and moves on to advanced skills in the manipulation of dental materials, providing insight on the latest advances and research along the way. From an expert author team led by Ronald Sakaguchi, this comprehensive resource is considered to be the standard in the field of dental restorations.
- Clear, design-focused approach provides an essential understanding of the fast-changing field of restorative dental materials.
- Comprehensive coverage ranges from fundamental concepts to advanced skills, detailing everything you need to know to select dental materials when designing and fabricating restorations.
- More than 300 full-color illustrations show clinical detail with clarity and realism.
- Logical organization arranges chapters by major clinical procedures.
- Practical examples show the fundamental properties and characteristics of materials and demonstrate how basic principles relate to clinical applications.
- Role and Significance of Restorative Dental Materials
2. The Oral Environment
3. Designing Restorations with Dental Materials
4. Fundamentals of Materials Science
5. Testing of Dental Materials and Biomechanics
6. Biocompatibility and Tissue Reaction to Biomaterials
7. General Classes of Biomaterials
8. Preventative and Intermediary Materials
9. Tooth Remineralization NEW!
10. Restorative Materials-Polymers
11. Restorative Materials-Metals
12. Restorative Materials-Ceramics
13. Replicating Materials-Impression and Casting
14. Materials for Adhesion and Luting
15. Digital Imaging and Processing for Restorations
16. Dental and Orofacial Implants
17. Tissue Engineering
Appendix A: Conversion Tables
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 6th April 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
Associate Dean for Technology and Innovation, Professor, Biomaterials & Biomechanics, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Department of Restorative Dentistry School of Dentistry Oregon Health & Science University Portland, Oregon
Senior Vice President and Editor, The Dental Advisor, Dental Consultants, Inc., Ann Arbor, Michigan; Professor of Oral Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Dentistry and Biomaterials, University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, Texas