- Comprehensive reference to the complex international cotton market
- Discusses the history of the cotton trade
- Assesses the global picture, looking at trends and production and consumption analysis
Table of Contents
- Part 1 The cotton trade: History and background: History of the cotton trade from origin to the twentieth century; The cotton trade today. Part 2 The global picture: The cotton environment: Macro issues; Trends in the world cotton market; Cotton agronomy and production; Cotton consumption. Part 3 The physical trade: Cotton as an industrial raw material; Cotton quality; Cotton pricing. Part 4 Derivatives: The New York Board of Trade; Cotton futures and options as hedging tools; Over-the-counter derivatives; Technical trading. Part 5 Administration and management: Cotton controlling; Freight and insurance; Payments and documents; Taxation, accounting, finance and risk management; Contracts and arbitration. Part 6 Appendices: Pricing and risk management glossary; International cotton organizations and associations; Cotton trading organizations; The rise and fall of cotton futures exchanges; The increasing role of cotton exchanges in China; Cotton promotion; The enforceability of arbitration awards; World cotton supply and use; Conversion factors.
- No. of pages: 510
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2005
- Published: October 30, 2005
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845690922
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Cotton Trading Manual"