- Summarises key research into corrosion processes in refinery equipment
- Discusses ways of testing for corrosion and cracking in refineries
Table of Contents
- Carburisation and metal dusting of steels and high temperature alloys by hydrocarbons; Integrity and life assessment of catalytic reformer units; The use of spot hydrogen flux measurements in assessing corrosion and crack risk in refinery applications; Degradation of carbon steel under the influence of sulphur in a refinery furnace remaining life prediction; Troubleshooting corrosion problems in HF alkylation units; Corrosion in the overhead system of a sour water stripper; Corrosion of above ground storage tanks for petroleum products and choice of coating systems for their protection from corrosion; The use of coatings to prevent corrosion in process vessels operating at elevated temperatures and pressures; Methods of monitoring; Disbonding test methodology: Definition of representative test conditions - results of an industry joint research programme.
- No. of pages: 128
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: July 12, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845693244
About the Author
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Corrosion in Refineries"