- Discusses the fundamentals of corrosion and the cost of corrosion to the aerospace industry
- Examines the threat corrosion poses to aircraft structural integrity and the effect of corrosion on the mechanical behaviour of aircraft
- Reviews methods for corrosion monitoring, evaluation and prediction examining both current practices and future trends
Table of Contents
- Corrosion in the aerospace industry. Part 1 Corrosion fundamentals and cost of corrosion: Assessing the cost of corrosion to the aerospace industry; Corrosion and the threat to aircraft structural integrity; Effect of corrosion on the mechanical behaviour of aircraft aluminum alloys. Part 2 Corrosion monitoring, evaluation and prediction: Nondestructive evaluation of corrosion in the aerospace industry; Corrosion prediction in the aerospace industry; Integrated health and corrosion monitoring systems in the aerospace industry; Corrosion and fatigue modelling of aircraft structures. Part 3 Corrosion protection and prevention: Corrosion control in space launch vehicles; Coating removal techniques in the aerospace industry; Novel corrosion schemes for the aerospace industry; Greases and their role in corrosion control in the aerospace industry; Business strategies for corrosion control in fleet maintenance.
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: January 21, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781845693459
- eBook ISBN: 9781845695538
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Corrosion Control in the Aerospace Industry"