- Reviews this corrosion process and how it affects the petrochemical and other industries
- Discusses the effect of particular gas mixtures on the corrosion process
Table of Contents
- Metal dusting; The metal dusting corrosion of steels with varying concentrations of chromium; Microprocesses of metal dusting on iron-nickel alloys and their dependence on the alloy composition; Metal dusting behaviour of welded ni-base alloys with different surface finish; Effect of H2S on metal dusting of iron; Occurrence of metal dusting – referring to failure cases; Protective behaviour of newly developed coatings against metal dusting; Metal dusting resistance of high chromium alloys; Study of the metal dusting behaviour of high-temperature alloys; Metal dusting of ferritic Fe-Al-M-C (M = Ti, V, Nb, Ta) alloys in CO-H2-H2O gas mixtures at 650 °C; a-Fe layer formation during metal dusting of iron in CO-H2-H2O gas mixtures; Coke formation during metal dusting of iron in CO-H2-H2O gas with high CO content; Morphologies and mechanisms of metal dusting on high alloy steels; Filamentous carbon formation caused by catalytic metal particles from iron oxide; Typical failures in pyrolysis coils for ethylene cracking; Thermodynamic characteristics and numerical modelling of internal nitridation of nickel base alloys; Nitridation in NH3-H2O-mixtures.
- No. of pages: 332
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: June 8, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845693350
About the Authors
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Corrosion by Carbon and Nitrogen"