A Collection of Illustrated Case Histories
- Presents real life problems and describes materials, systems, parts, types, environments, causes and remedies
- Helps improve accuracy and speed of corrosion analyses
- Includes Information that is systematically organized for speedy look-up and ease of use
- Provides superb quality of visual information that gives the clues vital for analyzing problems
Table of Contents
Foreword. Preface. Acknowledgements. User guide for the Corrosion Atlas. Classification of the case histories. Phenomena Index. Systems Index.
Section A: General Information. Introduction. Part I: General aspects of corrosion, corrosion control and corrosion prevention. Part II: Corrosion topics. Part III: Corrosion in water-bearing systems. Glossary of terms used in this work. Information about the microprints. Information about magnifications of some macroprints. Qualifications and compositions of stainless steel.
Section B: Case Histories. Carbon steels. Unprotected carbon steels. Galvanized steels. Coated carbon steels (other than zinc and plastic linings). Stainless steels and non-ferrous materials. Stainless steels. Nickel and cobalt base alloys. Copper and its alloys. Aluminium, magnesium and their alloys. Lead, tin and zinc. Noble and reactive metals. Plastics and plastic linings. Concrete and cement mortar linings. Coated metals (other than carbon steel). Other materials.
Section C: Supplementary Information. List of national corrosion associations. Corrosion bibliography. Advertisements.
- No. of pages: 826
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2018
- Published: September 24, 2018
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Paperback ISBN: 9780444642691
- eBook ISBN: 9780128185551
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
HeinzBüge Wed Jan 30 2019
Very nice! Well information of corrosion fallers!