Review quote "An excellent handbook which covers all aspects of coronary heart disease and will serve as a very useful reference for nurses working in primary and secondary health prevention".
- evidence-based content ensures a firm scientific basis for practice
- the practical nature of the content can be immediately applied in the working environment e.g. smoking cessation strategies, dietary counseling and risk assessment
- the multidisciplinary group of contributors ensures that the content reflects the multidisciplinary nature of CHD prevention work
- case studies and practice exercises enable the application of theory to practice
- summaries of key points facilitate understanding and retention
Preface. Coronary heart disease: epidemiology, pathology and diagnosis. Risk factor assessment. Lipids and lipid-lowering drugs. Hypertension and anti-hypertensive therapy. Lifestyle management: smoking. Lifestyle management: diet. Lifestyle management: exercise. Lifestyle management: facilitating behavioural change. Medical management of coronary heart disease. Cardiac rehabilitation.Women and coronary heart disease. Type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease.
- © Churchill Livingstone 2004
- 28th November 2003
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Lecturer in Nursing and Midwifery Studies, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Professor and Director, Northern Ireland Clinical Research Facility, Belfast, UK