A comprehensive overview of occupational and environmental health nursing, this book is AAOHN's statement of the scope of practice for this nursing specialty. It represents the latest body of knowledge significant to this field. Written in an outline format, it can be used as a textbook for an occupational and environmental health nursing course, as a clinical reference in a variety of occupational settings, and as a certification review tool. This new edition is based on recent revisions to the AAOHN's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
- Written by experts in the field of occupational health nursing.
- Consistent outline format allows ease of access to information.
- Addresses the foundational sciences of occupational health: epidemiology, toxicology, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, and injury prevention to provide a comprehensive basis of knowledge.
- Incorporates trends in the legal, ethical, economic, political, and business climates as they relate to occupational and environmental health and safety, staying current with all areas that affect the occupational health nurse's roles and responsibilities.
Section One: Foundations of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing Practice
1. Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing: An Overview
2. Workers and Worker Populations
3. Legal and Ethical Issues
4. Economic, Political, and Business Forces
5. Scientific Foundations of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing Practice
6. Environmental Health
7. Principles of Leadership and Management
8. Information Management in the Occupational Health Setting
Section Two: Strategies and Approaches to Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing Practice
9. Developing, Implementing and Evaluating Comprehensive Occupational Health and Safety Programs
10. Prevention of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses
11. Direct Care in the Occupational Setting
12. Disability Case Management
NEW! 13. Disaster Planning and Management
14. Health Promotion and Adult Education
15. Managing Psychosocial Factors in the Occupational Setting
16. Examples of Occupational Health and Safety Programs
Section Three: Advancing Professionalism in Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
18. Professional Issues: Advancing the Specialty
I. Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety Resources
IV. Web Sites
V. Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act of 1970
VI. Competencies in Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
VII. Standards of Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
VIII. American Association of Occupational Health Nurses Code of Ethics
IX. Legislation Related to Occupational Health and Safety
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2006
- 13th December 2005
- Paperback ISBN: