Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Control of Power Electronic Converters and Systems, Volume 3, explores emerging topics in the control of power electronics and converters, including the theory behind control, and the practical operation, modeling, and control of basic power system models. This book introduces the most important controller design methods, including both analog and digital procedures. This reference explains the dynamic characterization of terminal behavior for converters, as well as preserving the stability and power quality of modern power systems. Useful for engineers in emerging applications of power electronic converters and those combining control design methods into different applications in power electronics technology.
Addressing controller interactions—in light of increasing renewable energy integration and related challenges with stability and power quality—is becoming more frequent in power converters and passive components.
- Discusses different applications and their control in integrated renewable energy systems
- Introduces the most important controller design methods, both in analog and digital
- Describes different important applications to be used in future industrial products
- Explains the dynamic characterization of terminal behavior for converters
Graduate students, researchers, and practitioners in industry who are working on the design and control of power electronic equipment and engineers who are using the power electronic equipment in their application
Topic 1: Advanced control methods in power electronic systems
1. Advanced control of power electronic circuits – an overview of methods
2. Robust design and passivity control methods
3. Sliding mode control in power electronics systems
4. Model predictive control
5. Adaptive control
6. Artificial intelligence in power electronics system
7. Overview of stability analysis methods in power electronics
Topic 2: Voltage and current source converters incl. their stability
8. Advanced modelling and control of voltage source converters with LCL filters
9. Phase locked loops and their design
10. Stability and robustness improvement
11. Current source converter and its control
12. Parallel operation of power converters and their filters
Topic 3: Grid integration of renewables
13. Advanced control of PV systems
14. Low voltage ride through operation of PV-systems – single-phase
15. Grid feeding and grid forming PV and wind turbines
16. Virtual inertia operation of renewables
17. Abnormal operation of wind turbine systems
18. Wind farm control and optimization
Topic 4: Appliances
19. Power converters and control of LEDs
20. Modelling and control of induction cooker systems
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st March 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Frede Blaabjerg was with ABB‐Scandia, Randers, Denmark, from 1987 to 1988. From 1988 to 1992, he was a Ph.D. Student with Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark. He became an Assistant Professor in 1992, Associate Professor in 1996, and Full Professor of power electronics and drives in 1998. His current research interests include power electronics and its applications such as in wind turbines, PV systems, reliability, harmonics and adjustable speed drives. He has received 17 IEEE Prize Paper Awards, the IEEE PELS Distinguished Service Award in 2009, the EPE‐PEMC Council Award in 2010, the IEEE William E. Newell Power Electronics Award 2014 and the Villum Kann Rasmussen Research Award 2014. He was an Editor‐in‐Chief of the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS from 2006 to 2012. He is nominated in 2014 and 2015 by Thomson Reuters to be among the most 250 cited researchers in Engineering in the world.
Professor at Department of Energy Technology, The Faculty of Engineering Science, Aalborg University, Denmark
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.