Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Control of Power Electronic Converters, Volume Two gives the theory behind power electronic converter control and discusses the operation, modelling and control of basic converters. The main components of power electronics systems that produce a desired effect (energy conversion, robot motion, etc.) by controlling system variables (voltages and currents) are thoroughly covered. Both small (mobile phones, computer power supplies) and very large systems (trains, wind turbines, high voltage power lines) and their power ranges, from the Watt to the Gigawatt, are presented and explored. Users will find a focused resource on how to apply innovative control techniques for power converters and drives.
- Discusses different applications and their control
- Explains the most important controller design methods, both in analog and digital
- Describes different, but important, applications that can be used in future industrial products
- Covers voltage source converters in significant detail
- Demonstrates applications across a much broader context
Electrical, mechanical, mechatronic, and control engineers, who are working on the design and control of power electronic equipment
Topic 4 Power System and Quality
13. Active rectifiers and their control
14. Power Converters for power Quality improvement
15. Voltage source converter for large scale power system control
16. Current Source Converters and their control
17. MMC converter and its control
18. Micro-grid control
19. Control of smart grid architecture
Topic 5 Appliances
20. Control of single-phase motors for appliances
21. Induction heating
Topic 6 Mobility
22. Wireless power transfer
23. Power Electronic systems and control in automobile
24. Power Electronics systems in airplanes
25. Power Electronics systems in satellites
Topic 7 Advanced features in control of power converters
26. Thermal loading minimization control in power converters
27. Robust design and control of power converters
28. Adaptive control of power converter and systems
29. Modern control architecture and implementation
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 27th April 2018
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Frede Blaabjerg was with ABB‐Scandia, Randers, Denmark, from 1987 to 1988. From 1988 to 1992, he was a Ph.D. Student with Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark. He became an Assistant Professor in 1992, Associate Professor in 1996, and Full Professor of power electronics and drives in 1998. His current research interests include power electronics and its applications such as in wind turbines, PV systems, reliability, harmonics and adjustable speed drives. He has received 17 IEEE Prize Paper Awards, the IEEE PELS Distinguished Service Award in 2009, the EPE‐PEMC Council Award in 2010, the IEEE William E. Newell Power Electronics Award 2014 and the Villum Kann Rasmussen Research Award 2014. He was an Editor‐in‐Chief of the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS from 2006 to 2012. He is nominated in 2014 and 2015 by Thomson Reuters to be among the most 250 cited researchers in Engineering in the world.
Professor at Department of Energy Technology, The Faculty of Engineering Science, Aalborg University, Denmark
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.