- Covering the application of enterprise and software architecture concepts to the Agile and Continuous Delivery models
- Explains how to create an architecture that can evolve with applications
- Incorporates techniques including refactoring, architectural analysis, testing, and feedback-driven development
- Provides insight into incorporating modern software development when structuring teams and organizations
enterprise/software architects, application designers, "DevOps" managers
Table of Contents
- Foreword by Kurt Bittner
- Foreword by Peter Eeles
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Continuous Architecture
- What Do We Mean by Architecture?
- Historical Perspective
- Current Challenges with Software Architecture
- Continuous Architecture Definition
- Structure of The Book
- Chapter 2. Principles of Continuous Architecture
- Principle 1: Architect Products, Not Just Solutions for Projects
- Principle 2: Focus on Quality Attributes, Not on Functional Requirements
- Principle 3: Delay Design Decisions Until They Are Absolutely Necessary
- Principle 4: Architect for Change—Leverage “The Power of Small”
- Principle 5: Architect for Build, Test, and Deploy
- Principle 6: Model the Organization After the Design of the System
- Chapter 3. Getting Started with Continuous Architecture: Requirements Management
- Functional Requirements versus Quality Attributes
- Leveraging Value Chains to Understand the Functional Scope of a Product
- Using Architecture Scenarios for Quality Attribute Requirements
- Gathering and Managing Requirements
- Chapter 4. Evolving the Architecture
- Architectural Decisions
- Prioritizing: Using Quality Function Deployment
- Managing Change: Transitional Architectures
- Applying the Continuous Architecture Principles
- Chapter 5. Continuous Architecture and Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Architecture and the DevOps Process
- Continuous Architecture, Continuous Feedback, and Continuous Monitoring
- Continuous Architecture and the Continuous Integration Process
- Continuous Architecture and Continuous Release and Deployment
- Continuous Architecture and Continuous Testing
- Continuous Architecture and Hybrid Cloud Deployment
- Chapter 6. Validating the Architecture
- What Do We Mean By “Architecture Validation”?
- When Do We Need to Validate?
- Who Should Validate?
- How Should We Validate?
- Validation Process
- Chapter 7. Continuous Architecture in Practice: A Case Study
- How to Get Started with Continuous Architecture? Start Small
- How to Evolve Continuous Architecture Over Time?
- Chapter 8. Role of the Architect
- What Does an Architect Do?
- Who Is an Architect? Types of Personalities
- The Role of the Architect in Continuous Architecture
- Chapter 9. Continuous Architecture in the Enterprise
- Context for the Enterprise and Antipatterns
- Collaboration and Communication
- Common Language
- Decision Making in the Enterprise
- Architecture Process at the Enterprise Scale
- Chapter 10. What About Enterprise Services?
- The Role of Enterprise Services
- Product Management
- A Short Story of an Enterprise Service
- Delivering Enterprise Services
- Continuous Architecture and Enterprise Services
- Chapter 11. Conclusion
- What Was This Book About?
- Why Does Continuous Architecture Work?
- Putting Continuous Architecture in Practice
- No. of pages: 324
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Morgan Kaufmann 2015
- Published: October 21, 2015
- Imprint: Morgan Kaufmann
- eBook ISBN: 9780128032855
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128032848
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Continuous Architecture"