With comprehensive descriptions of the basic oral surgery procedures performed in the general practitioner’s office, Contemporary and Maxillofacial Surgery, 5th Edition is a valuable reference for any dental office. This book covers the basic concepts of evaluation, diagnosis, and patient management so that you can immediately apply these concepts to practice. Detailed photographs, line drawings and biological and technical explanations accompany the descriptions of basic techniques, and an overview provides you with a general understanding of more advanced techniques.
- Management of Medical Emergencies chapter provides essential information on preparing for and managing the most common emergencies that can occur in the dental office setting.
- Infection Control chapter describes proper cleaning and sterilization of the office environment, working surfaces, armamentarium, and personnel to help you prevent the injuries and illnesses that result from improper sterilizing and disinfecting.
- Suggestions for legal matters such as consent, risk management, insurance plans, and governmental rules and regulations in the Medicolegal Considerations chapter prepare you to minimize legal liabilities.
- Contemporary Implant Dentistry chapter reveals the latest developments in implant surgery including immediate loading as well as related complications to familiarize you with this rapidly growing area of dentistry.
- Consistent organization grouped by basic preparation and types of procedures helps you easily find the information you need.
- Comprehensive appendices offer convenient access to resources such as current price lists for key instruments, office record tips, sample drug schedules, examples of prescriptions, and consent forms.
Part I: Principles of Surgery
1. Preoperative Health Status Evaluation
2. Prevention and Management of Medical Emergencies
3. Principles of Surgery
4. Wound Repair
5. Infection Control in Surgical Practice
Part II: Principles of Exodontia
6. Armamentarium for Basic Oral Surgery
7. Principles of Uncomplicated Exodontia
8. Principles of Complicated Exodontia
9. Principles of Management of Impacted Teeth
10. Postoperative Patient Management
11. Prevention and Management of Surgical Complications
12. Medicolegal Considerations
Part III: Preprosthetic Surgery and Implant Surgery
13. Preprosthetic Surgery
14. Contemporary Implant Dentistry
Part IV: Infections
15. Principles of Management and Preventions of Odontogenic Infections
16. Complex Odontogenic Infections
17. Principles of Endodontic Surgery
18. Management of the Patient Undergoing Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy
19. Odontogenic Diseases of the Maxillary Sinus
20. Diagnosis and Management of Salivary Gland Disorders
Part V: Management of Oral Pathologic Lesions
21. Principles of Differential Diagnosis and Biopsy
22. Surgical Management of Oral Pathologic Lesions
Part VI: Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma
23. Soft Tissue and Dentoalveolar Injuries
24. Management of Facial Fractures
Part VII: Dentofacial Deformities
25. Correction of Dentofacial Deformities
26. Facial Esthetic Surgery
27. Management of Patients with Orofacial Clefts
28. Surgical Reconstruction of Defects of the Jaws
Part VIII: Temporomandibular Disorders and Facial Pain
29. Facial Neuropathology
30. Management of Temporomandibular Disorders
Part IX: Management of the Hospitalized Patient
31. Management of the Hospitalized Patient
Appendices & Index
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2008
- 7th March 2008
- eBook ISBN: