This vibrant, full-color text provides the practical and up-to-date information readers need to understand and diagnose oral injuries and diseases. Organized in a consistent and logical format, it includes the latest discussions on oral pathology, as well as key content on neoplasia, immune-mediated disorders, developmental disorders, and oral manifestations of systemic conditions. Providing thorough discussions of the most common disorders, each chapter also includes a list of the recent review articles and classic publications that are related to the chapter's content. More than 900 photos and illustrations of the oral and maxillofacial region are included, and many photomicrographs are accompanied by simple color line drawings to aid in the detection of disease and abnormal cells.
- The arrangement of chapters follows the curriculum of oral pathology courses in most dental schools.
- The logical organization provides a consistent, accessible approach to text content.
- Complete, yet concise coverage includes the most essential and practical information.
- Full-color photos of oral lesions assist with the clear identification and diagnosis of oral conditions.
- Key Terms presented at the beginning of each chapter are highlighted within the chapter text to assist in content review.
- Chapter outlines begin each chapter to facilitate the location of important topics.
- A comprehensive bibliography, divided by pathologic topic, is presented at the end of each chapter to help readers find supplemental literature quickly.
- Three highly accomplished authors with a broad range of clinical research and classroom teaching experience ensure well-balanced coverage of the entire subject.
- Developmental disturbances of the oral region
- Cysts of the oral regions
- Infections of teeth and bone
- Bone lesions
- Odontogenic tumors
- Epithelial disorders
- Oral infections
- Immune-mediated disorders
- Connective tissue lesions
- Salivary gland disorders
- Physical and chemical injuries
- Diseases of the blood
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2003
- 26th September 2003
- Paperback ISBN:
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology; Professor, Section of Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology; Professor, Department of Pathology, University of the Pacific, School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology; Professor and Chair, Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.