Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 4th Edition is a comprehensive, user-friendly text that offers dental students and practitioners an excellent opportunity to understand the basic principles of fixed prosthodontics. This text provides a strong foundation in basic science, followed by practical step-by-step clinical applications. Procedures are presented in an organized, systematic format, and are illustrated by over 3,000 clear, high-quality drawings and photographs, now in full-color. The material is logically divided into sections that cover planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures. The text also includes two invaluable appendices that provide an updated list of dental materials and equipment, as well as a guide to manufacturers.
- Follows ADEA curriculum guidelines for fixed prosthodontics
- Features hundreds of step-by-step procedures
- Integrates basic science with clinical applications
- End-of-chapter glossaries consistent with the most recent edition of The Glossary of Prosthodontic Terms (see above)
- Text boxes scattered throughout present quick facts and tips about selected artwork
- Selected key terms presented at the beginning of each chapter and set in bold type within the text facilitates rapid information retrieval
- Essay format study questions offer the reader an opportunity to test his or her knowledge and comprehension after reading each chapter
- Updated references support concepts presented in each chapter.
- Valuable appendices on dental materials/equipment and manufacturers.
- 15 contributors collaborate with the editors to present up-to-date information and state-of-the-art techniques in prosthodontics.
Section I: Planning and Preparation
1. History Taking and Clinical Examination
2. Diagnostic Casts and Related Procedures
3. Treatment Planning
4. Principles of Occlusion
5. Periodontal Considerations
6. Mouth Preparation
Section II. Clinical Procedures - Part I
7. Principles of Tooth Preparation
8. The Complete Cast Crown Preparation
9. The Metal-Ceramic Crown Preparation
10. The Partial Veneer Crown, Inlay, and Onlay Preparations
11. Tooth Preparation for All-Ceramic Restorations
12. Restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth
13. Implant-Supported Fixed Prostheses
14. Tissue Management and Impression Making
15. PRovisional Restorations
Section III: Laboratory Procedures
16. Communicating with the Dental Laboraotry
17. Working with Casts and Dies
18. Wax Patterns
19. Framework Design and Metal Selection for Metal-Ceramic Restorations
20. Pontic Design
21. Retainers for Removable Partial Dentures
22. Investing and Casting
23. Color Science, Esthetics, and Shade Selection
24. Metal-Ceramic Restorations
25. All-Ceramic Restorations
26. Resin-Retained Fixed Partial Dentures
27. Fiber-Reinforced Composite Fixed Prostheses
28. Connectors for Fixed Partial Dentures
29. Finishing the Cast Restoration
Section IV. Clinical Procedures - Part II
30. Evaluation, Characterization, and Glazing
31. Luting Agents and Cementation Procedures
32. Postoperative Care
Appendix A: Dental Materials and Equipment Index
Appendix B: Manufacturers' Index
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2006
- 30th May 2006
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Columbus OH
Professor of Fixed Prosthodontics Department of Restorative Dentistry Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine Alton, IL
Junhei Fujimoto, DDS, MSD, DDSc
Kami-Pulp Kaikan 4F
T: +81 (03) 5551-0051
F: +81 (03) 5551-0052
Part-Time Lecturer, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Director of J. F. Occlusion and Prosthodontic, Postgraduate Course, Private Practice, Tokyo, Japan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.