- Continuing Education credits are available, allowing you to earn one to two CE credits per chapter.
- Detailed coverage of popular esthetic procedures includes bleaching, direct and porcelain veneers, inlays and onlays, posts and cores, porcelain-fused-to-metal restorations, zirconium crowns and bridges, and complete dentures.
- Coverage of advanced procedures includes implants, perioesthethics, ortho-esthetics, pediatric esthetics, and sleep-disordered breathing, providing a solid understanding of less-frequently encountered topics that impact the esthetic treatment plan and outcomes.
- Coverage of key esthetic dentistry topics and fundamental skills includes cariology and caries management, understanding dental materials, photography, understanding and manipulating of color and shade, adhesive techniques, anterior and posterior direct composites, and finishing and polishing.
- Over 2,400 full-color photos and illustrations help to clarify important concepts and techniques, and show treatments from beginning of the case to the final esthetic results.
- Well-known and respected lead author George Freedman is a recognized author, educator, and speaker, and past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and co-founder of the Canadian Academy for Esthetic Dentistry.
- Expert contributors are leading educators and practicing clinicians, including names such as Irvin Smigel (the father of esthetic dentistry), Chuck N. Maragos (the father of contemporary diagnostics), Wayne Halstrom (a pioneer in the area of dental sleep medicine), David Clark (one of the pioneers of the microscope in restorative dentistry and founder the Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry), Edward Lynch (elected the most influential pe
1. Cariology and Caries Management
Section A: Caries Risk Assessment
Section B: Cariology: Its Role in Esthetic Dentistry
2. Dental Materials
Section A: Dental Materials
Section B: Impression Materials
3. Photography: Digital and Analog
Section A: Photography
Section B: Digital and Chemical Photography
4. Ultraconservative Dentistry
5. Porcelain Veneers
Section A: Smile Design
Section B: The Esthetic Try-In
6. The Non-Surgical Face Lift: Restoring a Youthful Appearance by Repositioning the Muscles of Facial Expression
7. Color and Shade
Section A: Understanding and Manipulating Color
Section B: Using Color to Create Restorations
Section A: The Evolution of Adhesive Techniques
Section B: Dentin Bonding
9. Anterior Direct Composites
Section A: Direct Anterior Bonding: Minimally Invasive at its Best
Section B: Predictable Customized Class IV Restorations
10. Posterior Direct Composites
Section A: Posterior Composites
Section B: Posterior Contact Points
Section A: Current Technology and Clinical Approaches to Polishing of Dental Restorations
Section B: Finishing and Polishing
Section C: Finishing and Polishing
12. Fiber Reinforcement
Section A: Direct Fiber-Reinforced Composite