The revised and updated New Edition of this practical guide provides comprehensive, yet concise, coverage of the diagnosis and management of suspected contact and occupational dermatitis--from the basic principles of allergic and irritant contact dermatitis*to data collection, patient evaluation, and monitoring. Readers will find detailed discussions on patch testing, allergens, occupational skin disease, contact urticaria, contact dermatitis, and more. With a brand-new co-author, information on new antigens, and a substantially revised chapter that serves as a mini-atlas of regional contact dermatitis, this trusted resource offers complete, expert guidance--page after page!
- Offers a new atlas format in the Regional Contact Dermatitis chapter, which matches color clinical photographs with suggested allergens for testing based on the location of the dermatitis
- Features new coverage of textile dermatitis, with appropriate avoidance measures for glove and shoe allergic contact dermatitis
- Explores all relevant issues surrounding patch testing, including patient history, distribution of the dermatitis, and occupation.
- Makes patient education easier with allergen exposure lists designed to be photocopied and handed out.
- Includes new antigens on the exposure lists such as benzyl alcohol, iodopropynl butylcarbamate, disperse blue 106, and ethylene urea/melamine formaldehyde resin.
- Employs a concise, practical approach that makes the New Edition appropriate for a wide range of medical practitioners.
1 Allergic and Irritant Contact Dermatitis
2 Evaluation and Treatment of the Patient with
3 Patch Testing
4 Regional Contact Dermatitis
PART II : ALLERGENS
5 Standard Allergens
6 Preservatives and Vehicles
7 Cosmetics and Fragrances
11 Miscellaneous Allergens
PART III : OCCUPATIONAL SKIN DISEASE
12 Etiology of Occupational Skin Disease
13 Evaluation of the Worker in the Office and at
14 Management of Occupational Dermatitis
15 Occupations Commonly Associated with Contact
PART IV : ADDITIONAL TOPICS
16 Contact Urticaria
17 Contact Dermatitis in Children
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2002
- 1st November 2001
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Dermatology; Chair, Department of Dermatology, Pennsylvania State Unversity College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Centre, Hershey, PA, USA
Professor and Chairman, Department of Dermatology, Klinik fur Hautkranheiten am, Klinikum der Fredrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Jena, Germany
Associate Professor & Vice Chairman, Columbia University; Department of Dermatology, Director of Dermatology Services, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY