- A new and detailed Constitutional Facial Acupuncture protocol highlights acu-muscle points, Shen imbalances, lines and wrinkles, needling technique, relevant points and their locations.
- A comprehensive constitutional treatment approach
- A customized, modular topical herbal protocol that is enriched with the use of essential oils and natural cleansers, creams, etc.
- Practical step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the needling protocols with the topical herbs, jade rollers, gem eye discs, etc.
- A complete Constitutional Facial Acupuncture needling protocol for 12 problematic areas of the facial landscape, i.e., droopy eyelids, sagging neck, crow’s feet, sunken cheeks, etc.
- Contraindications, benefits, and personal advice drawn from the author’s 30+ years of experience
- An essential text for students or practitioners of facial acupuncture, and also for those readers who are interested in the field of "healthy aging"
Table of Contents
Introduction: Constitutional facial acupuncture: changing the face of aging
Chapter 1: The mythic quest for beauty, from Venus to Kuan Yin
Chapter 2: Bodyscapes
Chapter 3: The eight extraordinary meridians
Chapter 4: The twelve regular meridians
Chapter 5: The twelve tendinomuscular meridians
Chapter 6: Practical specifics
Chapter 7: Constitutional facial acupuncture protocol
Chapter 8: Special treatments: constitutional psychospiritual points
Chapter 9: Chinese topical herbal treatments and essential oil protocols
Chapter 10: A personal note from the author
- No. of pages: 382
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Churchill Livingstone 2014
- Published: January 17, 2014
- Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN: 9780702054358
- Paperback ISBN: 9780702049477
About the Author
Mary Elizabeth Wakefield
As part of her innovative three-tiered Practitioner Certification Program, Ms Wakefield has created more than twenty different courses, presenting a wide range of innovative treatment protocols. She teaches and appears internationally at conferences, symposiums, universities and colleges, and has trained over 4,000 practitioners on 5 continents. She recently launched a two-year international certification program in GOLD STANDARD FACIAL ACUPUNCTURE (R) in the US, the first of its kind in scope and outreach.
She has written articles for many acupuncture journsla, spa magazines and other periodicals, been featured in the New York Times, and appeared on The Discovery Channel in connection with the DIAMOND ACUPUNCTURE FACIAL she created for the Academy Awards.
She maintains a private practice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and is the founder of the Chi-Akra Center. www.chiakra.com
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Constitutional Facial Acupuncture"