Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Consequences of Maritime Critical Infrastructures Accidents presents a probabilistic general model of critical infrastructure accident consequences. This include three models of the process of the events generated by a critical infrastructure accident, the process of the environment threats and the process of environment degradation. This is all created and adopted to the maritime transport critical infrastructure, with a focus on shipping networks applied to accident consequences modeling.
Consequences of Maritime Critical Infrastructures Accidents is devoted to the assessment methods of consequences of environmental damages, with application to ship accidents. It is a new approach that has never been proposed and applied before and includes methods of modeling, identification, prediction and optimization to allow the reader to better understand the effects of these accidents on our oceans. Moreover, the general procedures and the new strategy presented in the book aim to lower environment losses concerned with chemical releases caused by an accident of ship critical infrastructure network operating within the Baltic Sea or world sea waters.
- Provides a complete approach to accident consequences modeling, identification, prediction and optimization
- Presents the theoretical background, which can be applied practically to maritime critical infrastructure accident consequences analysis
- Includes a general model for critical infrastructure accident consequences which is globally applicable and with wide applications in various industrial sectors
This book is perfect for graduate-level and post graduate level of researchers who are interested in maritime spill accidents and maritime environment protection, namely oceanographers, environmental scientists, environmental engineers, transport experts, oil and gas experts.
1. Introduction to Critical Infrastructure Accident Consequences Analysis
2. Shipping as a Critical Infrastructure
3. Modelling Critical Infrastructure Accident Consequences
4. Identification of Critical Infrastructure Accident Consequences
5. Prediction of Critical Infrastructure Accident Consequences
6. Modelling Critical Infrastructure Accident Losses
7. Optimization of Critical Infrastructure Accident Losses
8. Mitigation of Critical Infrastructure Accident Losses
1. Realizations of Conditional Lifetimes at States of Process of Initiating Events at Baltic Sea Waters
2. Realizations of Conditional Lifetimes at States of Process of Initiating Events at World Sea Waters
3. Realizations of Conditional Lifetimes at States of Process of Environment Threats at Baltic Sea Waters
4. Realizations of Conditional Lifetimes at States of Process of Environment Threats at World Sea Waters
5. Realizations of Conditional Lifetimes at States of Process of Environment Degradation at Baltic Sea Waters
6. Realizations of Conditional Lifetimes at States of Process of Environment Degradation at World Sea Waters
7. Table of Chi-Square Distribution
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 2nd November 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Magdalena Bogalecka is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Industrial Commodity Science and Chemistry at the Faculty of Entrepreneurship and Quality Science of Gdynia Maritime University. She has over 20 years teaching and research experience. She has published more than 80 papers mainly on safety of maritime transport of dangerous goods, sea accidents and rescue actions at sea.
Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Commodity Science and Chemistry, Faculty of Entrepreneurship and Quality Science, Gdynia Maritime University
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.