Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Introduction to the conjugate addition reaction
2. Alkenals and acyclic alkenones
4. Alkenoic acids and their derivatives
5. Unsaturated lactones and lactams
6. Other systems
7. Activated alkynes Index Appendix
Conjugate Addition Reactions in Organic Synthesis, Second Edition, provides an introduction to the chemistry of conjugate reactions, a group of reactions that constitute one of the most important classes of chemical reactions in organic synthesis. The book is organized according to class of acceptor rather than the class of nucleophile, which makes for easier synthetic problem solving. All aspects of conjugate addition reactions are covered, including theory, mechanism, catalysis, and total synthesis. Asymmetric processes are featured heavily, and there is emphasis on catalysis, given its importance in all aspects of organic synthesis today. Extensive examples in total synthesis illustrate how particular synthetic challenges are addressed and resolved with conjugate addition chemistry.
The second edition features new coverage of acceptors and nucleophiles, as well as organocatalysis, gold catalysis, peptide catalysis, arene additions, and emerging areas such as biocatalytic methods and advances in mechanism theory. This book is an ideal reference for advanced undergraduates, post-graduates, researchers, and academics working in medicinal, pharmaceutical, polymer and industrial chemistry.
- Features a unique structure for this subject which enables readers to readily access information based on specific classes of conjugate acceptor
- Provides a thorough account of the latest thinking of the mechanistic basis of conjugate addition reactions and all the latest – and best – methods for achieving the highest selectivity in conjugate addition reactions
- Includes over 200 examples of total synthesis illustrating how particular synthetic challenges are addressed and resolved with conjugate addition chemistry
- Covers an up to date treatment of the latest aspects of conjugate addition reactions including inter alia, cascade reactions, organocatalysis and flow chemistry
Advanced undergraduates, post-graduates, researchers, and academics working in medicinal, pharmaceutical, polymer and industrial chemistry
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 15th December 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.