- Configure Juniper’s Instant Virtual Extranet (IVE)
- Install and set up IVE through either the command line interface (CLI) or Web-based console
- Master the "3 Rs": Realms, Roles, and Resources
- Realize the potential of the "3Rs" for endpoint security, sign-in policies, and authorization of servers
- Get Inside both the Windows and Java Versions of Secure Application Manager (SAM)
- Learn to implement SAM, manage the end-user experience, and troubleshoot SAM in the field
- Integrate IVE with Terminal Services and Citrix
- Enable terminal services proxy and configure role options, configure Citrix using a custom ICA, configure terminal services resource policies and profiles, and configure terminal services and Citrix using a hosted Java applet
- Ensure Endpoint Security
- Use Host Checker, Cache Cleaner, Secure Virtual Workspace, and IVE/IDP integration to secure your network
- Manage the Remote Access Needs of Your Organization
- Configure Web access, file access and telnet/SSH access for remote users and offices
- Configure Core Networking Components through the System Menu
- Create clusters, manage virtual systems, and monitor logs, reports, and alerts
- Create Bullet-Proof Sign-in Policies
- Create standard and custom sign-in pages for both user and administrator access and Secure Meeting pages
- Use the IVE for Log-Related Tasks
- Perform log filtering, log management, syslog exporting, SNMP management, and system resource monitoring and reporting.
Configuring Juniper Networks NetScreen & SSG Firewalls is the only complete reference to this family of products. It covers all of the newly released features of the product line as highlighted by Juniper Networks, including:
• Deep Inspection firewall extends stateful inspection to detect application level attacks and stop them at the network perimeter.
• Integrated Intrusion Prevention for unmatched application-level protection against worms, Trojans, Spyware and malware in the enterprise, carrier and data center environments.
• Centralized, policy-based management minimizes the chance of overlooking security holes by simplifying roll-out and network-wide updates.
• Virtualization technologies make it easy for administrators to divide the network into secure segments for additional protection.
• Built-in high availability features allow pairs of devices to be deployed together to eliminate single points of failure
• Rapid Deployment features help minimize repetitive tasks and administrative burden associated with wide spread deployments.
Table of Contents
Lead Author and Technical Editor
Chapter 1: Networking, Security, and the Firewall
Chapter 2: Dissecting the Juniper Firewall
Chapter 3: Deploying Juniper Firewalls
Chapter 4: Policy Configuration
Chapter 5: Advanced Policy Configuration
Chapter 6: User Authentication
Chapter 7: Routing
Chapter 8: Address Translation
Chapter 9: Transparent Mode
Chapter 10: Attack Detection and Defense
Chapter 11: VPN Theory and Usage
Chapter 12: High Availability
Chapter 13: Troubleshooting the Juniper Firewall
Chapter 14: Virtual Systems
- No. of pages: 768
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Syngress 2007
- Published: December 8, 2006
- Imprint: Syngress
- Paperback ISBN: 9781597491181
- eBook ISBN: 9780080502847
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Configuring Juniper Networks NetScreen and SSG Firewalls"