Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The success of a repair or rehabilitation project depends on the specific plans designed for it. Concrete Structures: Protection, Repair and Rehabilitation provides guidance on evaluating the condition of the concrete in a structure, relating the condition of the concrete to the underlying cause or causes of that condition, selecting an appropriate repair material and method for any deficiency found, and using the selected materials and methods to repair or rehabilitate the structure. Guidance is also provided for engineers focused on maintaining concrete and preparing concrete investigation reports for repair and rehabilitation projects. Considerations for certain specialized types of rehabilitation projects are also given. In addition, the author translates cryptic codes, theories, specifications and details into easy to understand language. Tip boxes are used to highlight key elements of the text as well as code considerations based on the International Code Council or International Building Codes. The book contains various worked out examples and equations. Case Studies will be included along with diagrams and schematics to provide visuals to the book.
- Deals primarily with evaluation and repair of concrete structures
- Provides the reader with a Step by Step method for evaluation and repair of Structures
- Covers all types of Concrete structures ranging from bridges to sidewalks
- Handy tables outlining the properties of certain types of concrete and their uses
Civil Engineers, Construction Engineers, Builders, Structural Engineers, Earthquake Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Chemical Engineers, Materials Scientists, and Architects
- Chemistry of Concrete
2. Evaluation of the Concrete in Concrete Structures
3. Non-destructive Testing Methods
4. Causes of Distress and Deterioration of Concrete
5. Planning and Design of Concrete Repair
6. Self Repair Concrete
7. Concrete Removal and Preparation for Repair
8. Materials and Methods for Repair and Rehabilitation
9. Maintenance of Concrete
10. Specialized Repairs
11. Investigation Reports
Appendix A References
Appendix B Glossary
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2009
- 13th July 2009
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
General contractor and master plumber
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.