- Complete coverage of all the topics as per Medical Council of India (MCI) guidelines.
- Extensive coverage of metabolic pathways and their regulation.
- Includes applied aspects throughout the text to illustrate the clinical application of biochemistry.
- Addition of extracellular matrix in chapter on protein chemistry and human genome project and gene probes in genetic engineering chapter.
- Inclusion of adaptive and innate immunity, major histocompatibility complex of genes and AIDS in immunology chapter.
- Provides additional information through "points to ponder".
4. Chemistry of Proteins
5. Protein Metabolism
6. Chemistry of Carbohydrates
7. Carbohydrate Metabolism
8. Chemistry of Lipids
9. Lipid Metabolism
10. Nucleic Acids and Protein Synthesis
11. Genetic Engineering
12. Nucleic Acid Metabolism
13. Biological Oxidation
15. Free Radicals and Antioxidants
17. Mineral Metabolism
18. Acid–Base Balance
19. Water and Electrolyte Balance
22. Integration of Metabolism
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2010
- 30th September 2009
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN: