CONCISE GUIDE TO SPORTS INJURIES covers a wide range of sports injuries from head to toe, looking at cause, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation. Ordered by pain site, this accessible reference book allows professionals to reach a quick working diagnosis and provides a guide to managing the problem.
- A practical, easy accessible reference guide to allow professionals to reach quick working diagnosis
- Chapters divided by anatomical regions for easy reference
- Discusses techniques of sports that produce injuries and details causes as well as the injury itself
- Highly illustrated, includes MRIs, CTs and X-rays
- Covers rehabilitation and training with an injury
- Extensive glossary defines terms and provides full explanation of diagnostic tests
1 Head injuries
2 The axial skeleton
4 Dorsal spine
5 Lumbar spine
6 Anterior chest pain
9 Buttock and back of thigh
10 Anterior thigh
12 Lower leg
13 The ankle
14 Heel and arch of the foot
15 Mid foot
19 Wrist and hand
20 Rehabilitation and training with an injury
21 Team doctoring
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2008
- 26th June 2008
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
Consultant in Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.