- Print ISBN 9781455726202
- Electronic ISBN 9780323228817
- Hands-on practice using Medisoft® Version 18 familiarizes you with the professional practice management software you'll use on the job. Medisoft sold separately.
- An engaging, conversational writing style makes difficult concepts easier to understand, with information presented in small, easy-to-digest segments.
- Step-by-step procedures include screenshots to guide you through each administrative task.
- Day-by-Day Simulations provide you with two weeks of hands-on experience similar to working in a real-world medical office.
- Reminders at the end of each chapter ask you to back up your data, for good data management practice.
- Checking Your Understanding reviews and hands-on Putting It into Practice activities are provided at the end of each chapter to ensure that you meet learning objectives.
- Information on backing up and restoring data prepares you for any power outages or electronic malfunctions.
1. Introduction to Computerized Medical Office Procedures
2. The Electronic Health Record and its relationship to Practice Management
3. Basic Concepts of Coding and Insurance
4. Appointment Scheduling
5. Medical Office Accounting Procedures
6. Collections in the Medical Office
7. The Electronic Medical Office
Appendix A: Day-by-Day Simulations (Two weeks)
Appendix B: CMS-1500 Step-by-Step Instructions
Appendix C: Patient Data
Appendix D: Medisoft Shortcut Keys
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 2nd December 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: