Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Presents information on how to analyze risks to your networks and the steps needed to select and deploy the appropriate countermeasures to reduce your exposure to physical and network threats. Also imparts the skills and knowledge needed to identify and counter some fundamental security risks and requirements, including Internet security threats and measures (audit trails IP sniffing/spoofing etc.) and how to implement security policies and procedures. In addition, this book covers security and network design with respect to particular vulnerabilities and threats. It also covers risk assessment and mitigation and auditing and testing of security systems as well as application standards and technologies required to build secure VPNs, configure client software and server operating systems, IPsec-enabled routers, firewalls and SSL clients. This comprehensive book will provide essential knowledge and skills needed to select, design and deploy a public key infrastructure (PKI) to secure existing and future applications.
- Chapters contributed by leaders in the field cover theory and practice of computer security technology, allowing the reader to develop a new level of technical expertise
- Comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of security issues facilitates learning and allows the reader to remain current and fully informed from multiple viewpoints
- Presents methods of analysis and problem-solving techniques, enhancing the reader's grasp of the material and ability to implement practical solutions
The primary audience for this professional handbook consists of researchers and practitioners in industry and academia, as well as security technologists and engineers working with or interested in all aspects of computer security. This comprehensive reference will also be of value to students in upper-division undergraduate and grad level courses in computer security.
PART I OVERVIEW OF SYSTEM AND NETWORK SECURITY: A COMPREHENSIVE INTRODUCTION CHAPTER 1 Building a Secure Organization CHAPTER 2 A Cryptography Primer CHAPTER 3 Preventing System Intrusions CHAPTER 4 Guarding Against Network Intrusions CHAPTER 5 UNIX and Linux Security CHAPTER 6 Linux and UNIX Security CHAPTER 7 Internet Security CHAPTER 8 Internet Security: The Botnet Problem in Internet Security CHAPTER 9 Intranet Security CHAPTER 10 Local Area Network (LAN) Security CHAPTER 11 Wireless Network Security CHAPTER 12 Cellular Network Security CHAPTER 13 RFID Security PART II MANAGING INFORMATION SECURITY CHAPTER 14 Security Essentials for IT Managers: Protecting Mission-Critical Systems CHAPTER 15 Security Management Systems CHAPTER 16 IT Security Management CHAPTER 17 ID Management CHAPTER 18 Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems CHAPTER 19 Computer Forensics CHAPTER 20 Network Forensics CHAPTER 21 Firewalls CHAPTER 22 Penetration Testing CHAPTER 23 Vulnerability Assessment PART III ENCRYPTION TECHNOLOGY CHAPTER 24 Data Encryption CHAPTER 25 Satellite Encryption CHAPTER 26 Public Key Infrastructure CHAPTER 27 Instant Messaging Security PART IV PRIVACY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT CHAPTER 28 Net Privacy CHAPTER 29 Personal Privacy Policies CHAPTER 30 Virtual Private Networks CHAPTER 31 Identity Theft CHAPTER 32 VoIP Security PART V STORAGE SECURITY CHAPTER 33 SAN Security CHAPTER 34 Storage Area Network Security CHAPTER 35 Risk Management PART VI STORAGE SECURITY CHAPTER 36 Physical Security Essentials CHAPTER 37 Biometerics CHAPTER 38 Homeland Security CHAPTER 39 Information Warfare PART VII ADVANCED SECURITY CHAPTER 40 Security Through Diversity CHAPTER 41 Online Reputation CHAPTER 42 Content Filtering CHAPTER 43 Data Loss Protection (DLP) PART VIII APPENDICES APPENDIX A Configuring Authentication Service On Microsoft Windows Vista APPENDIX B Security Management and Resiliency APPENDIX C List Of Top Security Implementation And Deployment Companies APPENDIX D List Of Security Products APPENDIX E List Of Security Standards APPENDIX F List Of Miscellaneous Security Resources APPENDIX G Ensuring Built-in Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum Wireless Network Security APPENDIX H Configuring Wireless Internet Security Remote Access APPENDIX I Frequently Asked Questions APPENDIX J Glossary
- No. of pages:
- © Morgan Kaufmann 2009
- 22nd May 2009
- Morgan Kaufmann
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
John Vacca is an information technology consultant, researcher, professional writer, Editor, reviewer, and internationally-known best-selling author based in Pomeroy, Ohio. Since 1982, John has authored/edited 79 books (some of his most recent books include):
- Security in the Private Cloud (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (September 1, 2016))
- Cloud Computing Security: Foundations and Challenges (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (August 19, 2016))
- Handbook of Sensor Networking: Advanced Technologies and Applications (Publisher: CRC Press (an imprint of Taylor & Francis Group, LLC) (January 14, 2015))
- Network and System Security, Second Edition, 2E (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013))
- Cyber Security and IT Infrastructure Protection (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013))
- Managing Information Security, Second Edition, 2E (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (September 23, 2013))
- Computer and Information Security Handbook, 2E (Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (May 31, 2013))
- Identity Theft (Cybersafety) (Publisher: Chelsea House Pub (April 1, 2012))
- System Forensics, Investigation, And Response (Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (September 24, 2010))
- Managing Information Security (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (March 29, 2010))
- Network and Systems Security (Publisher: Syngress (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (March 29, 2010))
- Computer and Information Security Handbook, 1E (Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (an imprint of Elsevier Inc.) (June 2, 2009))
- Biometric Technologies and Verification Systems (Publisher: Elsevier Science & Technology Books (March 16, 2007))
- Practical Internet Security (Hardcover): (Publisher: Springer (October 18, 2006))
- Optical Networking Best Practices Handbook (Hardcover): (Publisher: Wiley-Interscience (November 28, 2006))
- Guide to Wireless Network Security (Publisher: Springer (August 19, 2006))
He has written more than 600 articles in the areas of advanced storage, computer security and aerospace technology (copies of articles and books are available upon request).
John was also a configuration management specialist, computer specialist, and the computer security official (CSO) for NASA's space station program (Freedom) and the International Space Station Program, from 1988 until his retirement from NASA in 1995.
In addition, John is also an independent online book reviewer. Finally, John was one of the security consultants for the MGM movie titled: "AntiTrust," which was released on January 12, 2001. A detailed copy of Johns author bio can be viewed at URL: http://www.johnvacca.com. John can be reached at: email@example.com.
"I believe that this book contains something for everyone no matter what your experience level or specialty in the information security field… I think John did a great job putting together this handbook and the team of experts to deliver this information and I would recommend this book for anyone in the information security field."--PenTestMag.com, March 2012, page 1
"[T]here is a lot of information covering many topics contained within this book making it a valuable desk reference book or a textbook for a course in Information Security. I believe that this book contains something for everyone no matter what your experience level or specialty in the information security field… I think John did a great job putting together this handbook and the team of experts to deliver this information and I would recommend this book for anyone in the information security field."--PenTest Extra, June 2012, page 54