Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Computational Modeling in Bioengineering and Bioinformatics promotes complementary disciplines that hold great promise for the advancement of research and development in complex medical and biological systems, and in the environment, public health, drug design, and so on. It provides a common platform by bridging these two very important and complementary disciplines into an interactive and attractive forum. Chapters cover biomechanics and bioimaging, biomedical decision support system, data mining, personalized diagnoses, bio-signal processing, protein structure prediction, tissue and cell engineering, biomedical image processing, analysis and visualization, high performance computing and sports bioengineering.
The book's chapters are the result of many international projects in the area of bioengineering and bioinformatics done at the Research and Development Center for Bioengineering BioIRC and by the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Kragujevac, Serbia.
- Presents recent advances at the crossroads of biomedical engineering and bioinformatics, one of the hottest areas in biomedical and clinical research
- Discusses a wide range of leading-edge research topics, including biomechanics and bioimaging, biomedical decision support systems, data mining, personalized diagnoses, bio-signal processing, protein structure prediction, tissue and cell engineering, amongst others
- Includes coverage of biomechanical, bioengineering and computational methods of treatment and diagnosis
Researchers and students in biomedical engineering and computational biology, as well as physicians and other clinical personnel
1. Computational modeling of atherosclerosis
2. Data mining approach for breast cancer prognosis prediction
Bojana R. Andjelkovic Cirkovic
3. Topological and parametric optimization of stent design - numerical methods
Dalibor D. Nikolic, Nenad Filipovic
4. Lab-on-a-chip and epithelial lung cells modeling
Milica Nikolic, Nenad Filipovic
5. Aortic Dissection: Numerical Modeling, Virtual Surgery
Igor B. Saveljic, Nenad Filipovic
6. The biomechanics of lower human extremities
Aleksandra Vulović, Nenad Filipovic
7. Different theoretical approaches to investigation of antioxidative mechanisms
Zoran S. Marković and Dejan A. Milenković
8. Computational modelling of dry powder inhalers for pulmonary drug delivery
Tijana Šušteršič, Nenad Filipovic
9. Computer modeling of cochlea mechanics
10. Numerical modeling of cell separation in microfluidic chips
11. Computational analysis of abdominal aortic aneurysm before and after endovascular aneurysm repair
Smiljana Djorovic, Nenad Filipovic
12. Sports biomechanics
Radivoje Radakovic, Nenad Filipovic
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 9th October 2019
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Nenad D. Filipovic is Rector of University of Kragujevac, Serbia, full Professor at Faculty of Engineering and Head of Center for Bioengineering at University of Kragujevac, Serbia. He was Research Associate at Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, US. His research interests are in the area of biomedical engineering, cardiovascular disease, fluid-structure interaction, biomechanics, bioinformatics, biomedical image processing, medical informatics, multi-scale modeling, data mining, software engineering, parallel computing, computational chemistry and bioprocess modeling. He is author and co-author 16 textbooks and 11 monographies, over 300 publications in peer review journals and over 10 software for modeling with finite element method and discrete methods from biofluid mechanics and multiphysics. He also leads a number of national and international projects in EU and US in area of bioengineering and software development. He is Director of Center for Bioengineering at University of Kragujevac and leads joint research projects with Harvard University and University of Texas in area of bio-nano-medicine computer simulation. He also leads a number of national and international projects in area of bioengineering and bioinformatics. He is a Managing Editor for Journal of Serbian Society for Computational Mechanics and member of European Society of Biomechanics (ESB), European Society for Artificial Organs (ESAO) and IEEE member.
Faculty of Engineering, Center for Bioengineering, University of Kragujevac; BioIRC, Bioengineering Research and Development Center, Kragujevac, Serbia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.