Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Computational Fluid Dynamics Applied to Waste-to-Energy Processes: A Hands-On Approach provides the key knowledge needed to perform CFD simulations using powerful commercial software tools. The book focuses on fluid mechanics, heat transfer and chemical reactions. To do so, the fundamentals of CFD are presented, with the entire workflow broken into manageable pieces that detail geometry preparation, meshing, problem setting, model implementation and post-processing actions. Pathways for process optimization using CFD integrated with Design of Experiments are also explored. The book’s combined approach of theory, application and hands-on practice allows engineering graduate students, advanced undergraduates and industry practitioners to develop their own simulations.
- Provides the skills needed to perform real-life simulation calculations through a combination of mathematical background and real-world examples, including step-by-step tutorials
- Presents worked examples in complex processes as combustion or gasification involving fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer, and complex chemistry sets
Engineering graduate students, advanced undergraduates, junior researchers and practitioners in the field of waste to energy. Those in energy, aerospace, mechanical, chemical, civil and marine engineering working on thermochemical conversion processes in research and industrial environments
- How to use Computational Fluid Dynamics tools to get most from Waste-to-Energy Processes
2. A CFD tool workflow
3. How to approach a real problem - A decision-making process
4. Overview of Combustion Modelling
5. Combustion case studies - A tutorial approach
6. Overview of Gasification Modelling
7. Gasification case studies - A tutorial approach
8. Process optimization using CFD combined with Design of Experiments
9. Advanced topics
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2020
- 19th June 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Silva is working as Senior Researcher at the Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre, Portugal. He leads a team whose research focus is the use of numerical and analytical tools that could facilitate solutions for the long term of energy-related societal problems, namely, exploring the use of waste blends to produce high-quality syngas in quasi-industrial gasifiers, by means of experimental and numerical approaches tied by validation and uncertainty quantification techniques. In the last 5 years, Dr. Silva has been heading and co-heading several national and international projects (industrial and academic) with a total funding of 888 k€. He promoted the knowledge transference between the academy and the industry through the implementation of predictive tools targeting products and process optimization in several Portuguese companies. He has leading several international cooperation projects with recognized institutions such as the University of Carnegie Mellon or the University of Texas at Austin, to mention a few. Recently, he has completed the Specialist´s degree in Numerical Simulation in Engineering with ANSYS ministered by the Technical University of Madrid and ANSYS.
Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.