- Not Applicable ISBN 9780123813732
- Electronic ISBN 9780123813749
Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparationis a complete treatment of the theory and methodology of sampling in all physical phases and the theory of sample preparation for all major extraction techniques. It is the perfect starting point for researchers and students to design and implement their experiments and support those experiments with quality-reviewed background information.
In its four volumes, fundamentals of sampling and sample preparation are reinforced through broad and detailed sections dealing with Biological and Medical, Environmental and Forensic, and Food and Beverage applications. The contributions are organized to reflect the way in which analytical chemists approach a problem. It is intended for a broad audience of analytical chemists, both educators and practitioners of the art and can assist in the preparation of courses as well in the selection of sampling and sample preparation techniques to address the challenges at hand. Above all, it is designed to be helpful in learning more about these topics, as well as to encourage an interest in sampling and sample preparation by outlining the present practice of the technology and by indicating research opportunities.
- Sampling and Sample preparation is a large and well-defined field in Analytical Chemistry, relevant for many application areas such as medicine, environmental science, biochemistry, pharmacology, geology, and food science. This work covers all these aspects and will be extremely useful to researchers and students, who can use it as a starting point to design and implement their experiments and for quality-reviewed background information.
- There are limited resources that Educators can use to effectively teach the fundamental aspects of modern sample preparation technology. Comprehensive Sampling and Sample Preparation addresses this need, but focuses on the common principles of new developments in extraction technologies rather than the differences between techniques thus facilitating a more thorough understanding.
- Provides a complete overview of the field. Not only will help to save time, it will also help to make correct assessments and avoid costly mistakes in sampling in the process.
- Sample and sample preparation are integral parts of the analytical process but are often less considered and sometimes even completely disregarded in the available literature. To fill this gap, leading scientists have contributed 130 chapters, organized in 4 volumes, covering all modern aspects of sampling and liquid, solid phase and membrane extractions, as well as the challenges associated with different types of matrices in relevant application areas.
Educators and practitioners of analytical chemistry as well as researchers and graduate students of analytical chemistry, medicine, environmental science, biochemistry, pharmacology, geology, and food science.
Volume 1 - Sampling Theory and Methodology
Volume 2 - Theory of Extraction Techniques
- No. of pages:
- © 2012
- 1st June 2012
- Academic Press
- Not Applicable ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: