Gain the essential pathology understanding you need to produce quality radiographic images! Covering the disease processes most frequently diagnosed with medical imaging, Comprehensive Radiographic Pathology, 6th Edition is the perfect pathology resource for acquiring a better understanding of the clinical manifestation of different disease processes, their radiographic appearances, and their treatments. This full-color reference begins with a general overview of physiology, then covers disorders and injuries by body system. The new edition also includes the latest information on CT, MRI, SPECT, PET, ultrasound, and nuclear medicine — including updated radiographer notes, images, and review questions.
- Thorough explanations and comprehensive coverage aid readers’ understanding of disease processes and their radiographic appearance.
- Numerous high-quality illustrations covering all modalities clearly demonstrate the clinical manifestations of different disease processes and provide readers with a standard for the high-quality images needed in radiography practice.
- Discussion of specialized imaging explains how supplemental modalities, such as ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), and positron emission tomography (PET) are sometimes needed to diagnose various pathologies.
- Treatment coverage provides readers with brief explanations of the most likely treatments and the prognosis for each pathology.
- Systems-based approach organizes the pathology of various body systems in separate chapters — each chapter provides an initial discussion of general physiology and then explains various pathologic conditions and their radiographic appearance and treatment.
- Summary Findings tables are a great quick reference guide for practitioners.
- Consistent organization aids readers in searching for information.
- Study aids include an outline, key terms, objectives, and review questions for every chapter.
- Useful appendices include an extensive glossary; a list of major prefixes, roots, and suffixes with definitions and examples; and a table of diagnostic implications of abnormal lab values.
1. Introduction to Pathology
2. Specialized Imaging Techniques
3. Respiratory System
4. Skeletal System
5. Gastrointestinal System
6. Urinary System
7. Cardiovascular System
8. Nervous System Disease
9. Hematopoietic System
10. Endocrine System
11. Reproductive System
12. Miscellaneous Diseases
Answers to Review Questions
Appendix A Prefixes/Suffixes/Roots
Appendix B Laboratory Tests
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 14th September 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Chairman of Radiology, Highland General Hospital, Oakland, CA; Clinical Professor of Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; and University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA
Faculty, Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Gate Way Community College, Phoenix, AZ