Introducing the newest comprehensive reference designed specifically for the growing specialty of hospital-based pediatrics. This comprehensive new reference not only brings you the most up-to-date, evidence-based approaches to hospital-based pediatric care, but also covers issues related to staffing a unit; financial, legal and ethical topics, and how a hospitalist program communicates and relates to its referring providers and consulting staff. You'll find it a vital addition to the shelf of anyone who cares for pediatric patients in the hospital.
- Implement today's best evidence and literature based approaches for a full range of clinical challenges.
- Easily locate information relevant to your particular areas of interest with comprehensively organized, highly formatted coverage.
- Make clinical decisions efficiently thanks to numerous diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms.
- See dermatologic conditions and physical signs and symptoms.
- Benefit from the experience of editors from two powerhouse institutions - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Children's Hospital of Boston.
- What is a Hospitalist?
2. Pediatric Hospitalists: Efficiency and Quality of Care
3. Hospitalist Models of Care: Organization and Compensation
4. Quality of Care and Patient Satisfaction
5. Patient Safety and Medical Errors in Pediatric Hospitals
6. Infection Control for Pediatric Hospitals
7. Evidence-Based Medicine
8. Clinical Practice Guidelines
9. Approach to the Hospitalized Patient and Family
10. Hospitalist as Patient Advocate
11. Spiritual Care of the Hospitalized Child and Family
12. Pediatric Palliative, End-of-Life, and Bereavement Care
13. Transitions of Care in Hospitalized Children
14. Medical Consultation and Co-management
15. Transport Medicine for Hospitalists
17. Discharge planning, follow-up, payer relations, utilization management, home care
19. Legal Issues: risk management, malpractice
20. Clinical Research
21. Protection of Patients, Research Subjects, and Confidentiality / IRBs and HIPPA
22. Medical Education; Inpatient Medical Education
23. Professional Organizations
24. Future Development of the Field
25. Abdominal Mass
26. Abdominal Pain
28. Altered Mental Status
29. Chest Pain
34. GI Bleeding
37. Hyoptension/ Shock
39. Irritability/Intractable Crying
40. Limp/Joint Swelling
42. Mouth Pain/Lesions
43. Neck Pain
45. Respiratory Distress (Wheezing, Stridor, SOB, Cough, Tachypnea)
48. Delivery room medicine (NALS, premies, Apgars)
49. Term newborn (newborn screen, hips, hearing, hep B)
50. Birth Injury
51. Congenital anomalies
52. Respiratory Distress/TTN
53. Congenital and Perinatal Infections/Sepsis
54. Hypoglycemia, IDM
56. Neonatal abstinence/with
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2007
- 2nd July 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: