Comprehensive Gynecology provides you with complete, timely, and easy access to vital information on all the medical and surgical issues affecting your practice. Whether you’re a resident or practioner, you’ll get all the practical, in-depth coverage you need to stay at the forefront of your field. Now in its sixth edition, this core reference, formerly edited by Drs. Droegemueller, Stenchever, Mishell and Herbst, continues to be your primary resource for in-depth and up-to-date information.
- Stay up to date with the latest gynecologic advances through clear writing, a clinical focus, and a focus on evidence-based practices.
- Prepare for the challenges you’ll face in practice with a completely overhauled legal chapter containing factual scenarios.
- Search the full text online at www.expertconsult.com.
Part I BASIC SCIENCE
1. Fertilization and Embryogenesis
2. Reproductive Genetics
3. Reproductive Anatomy
4. Reproductive Endocrinology
5. Evidence-Based Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology
6. Medical-Legal Risk Management
Part II COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION OF THE FEMALE
7. History, Physical Examination, and Preventive Health Care
8. The Interaction of Medical Diseases and Female Physiology
9. Emotional Aspects of Gynecology
10. Endoscopy: Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy
Part III GENERAL GYNECOLOGY
11. Congenital Abnormalities of the Female Reproductive Tract
12. Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
13. Family Planning
14. Menopause and Care of the Mature Woman
15. Breast Diseases
16. Spontaneous and Recurrent Abortion
17. Ectopic Pregnancy
18. Benign Gynecologic Lesions
20. Anatomic Defects of the Abdominal Wall and Pelvic Floor
22. Anal Incontinence
23. Infections of the Lower and Upper Genital Tracts
24. Preoperative Counseling and Management
25. Postoperative Counseling and Management
Part IV GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY
26. Molecular Oncology in Gynecologic Cancer
27. Principles of Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy in Gynecologic Cancer
28. Intraepithelial Neoplasia of the Lower Genital Tract (Cervix, Vulva)
29. Malignant Diseases of the Cervix
30. Neoplastic Diseases of the Vulva
31. Malignant Diseases of the Vagina
32. Neoplastic Diseases of the Uterus
33. Neoplastic Diseases of the Ovary
34. Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneal Cancer
35. Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
Part V REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGY AND INFERTILITY
36. Primary and Secondary Dysmenorrhea, Premenstrual Syndrome, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
37. Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
38. Primary and Secondary Amenorrhea and Precocious Puberty
39. Hyperprolactinemia, Galactorrhea, and
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2013
- 5th March 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Associate Professor and Director, Women’s Health; Associate Director, Women’s Health Care Center, Roosevelt; Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Dr. Lobo, formerly Rappleye Professor and Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Director of the Center for Reproductive Sciences, Columbia University, has done extensive research in various areas of reproductive endocrinology and infertility including estrogen metabolism and menopause. Dr. Lobo has a primary interest in hyperandrogenic disorders and polycystic ovary syndrome. He frequently serves as editor for peer-review journals and has authored over 300 articles and 16 books.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY Columbia University, New York, U.S.A.
Professor & Chairman, J. Taylor Wharton, MD Distinguished, Chair in Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Gynecologic Oncology & Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Clinical Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health Sciences University; Medical Director, Women’s Services, Sacred Heart Medical Center; Center for Genetics and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Eugene, OR, USA
"There is something worthwhile in every chapter, and even the most knowledgeable gynecologist should be able to pluck a pearl from the material...If the reader is looking for a comprehensive text on gynecology in one volume, this is it...Well worth the price."- JAMA, Review of the 4th Edition
"This new edition of Comprehensive Gynecology contains an enormous amount of up-to-date knowledge and will certainly be a valuable resource for the resident in training and for the practicing gynecologist. All of us can learn much from reading this book. I would recommend physicians handling gynecologic problems or at least each department of gynecology to obtain access to a copy of this textbook."
ACTA Obstetricia et Gynecologica, November 2013
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.