Featuring the work of Dr. Isaacson - a recognized and respected member of the Ob/Gyn community - this new resource examines all aspects of complications that can potentially occur in gynecologic endoscopic surgery. It offers comprehensive coverage of the entire patient perioperative process, from choosing the appropriate patient to undergoing gynecologic endoscopic surgery...and every process in between. Each chapter has a consistent format touching on the prevention, recognition, and management of a specific complication, and starts with a review of the literature on the likelihood that a specific complication will occur. Abundant diagrams and photographs of complications and management enhance the material and illustrate and clarify the concepts presented.
- Categorizes complications by damage to a specific organ system and not from a particular procedure.
- Covers the prevention, recognition, and management of complications to the GI, GU, vascular organ systems as well as complications from infection, thermal injury and patient positioning.
- Focuses on the recognition of specific complications to minimize patient morbidity and maximize early management.
- Presents a consistent chapter organization throughout to facilitate quick access to guidance on specific complications.
- Includes chapters on vascular, bowel, and ureter injuries - areas where most serious complications arise.
- Offers a comprehensive review - written by two attorneys - of how to prevent a lawsuit and how to manage the process when a notice has been served.
- Physician Heal Thyself: Malpractice Prevention and Treatment
2. The Role of the Anesthesia Team in the Avoidance, Diagnosis, Management, and Genesis of Complications during Laparoscopic Surgery
3. Preventing Complications before the Operation
4. Complications of Laparoscopic Access
5. Vascular Injuries
6. Bowel Injuries
7. Urologic Injuries in Laparoscopic Surgery
8. Anesthesia and Metabolic Complications
9. Reducing Risk and Maximizing Efficacy with Thermal Modalities
10. Perioperative and Postoperative Infection
12. Complications of Laparoscopic Surgery in Gynecologic Oncology
13. Complications of Minimally Invasive Urogynecologic Surgery
14. Complications of Pediatric and Adolescent Laparoscopy
15. Unusual Complications during Gynecologic Laparoscopic Surgery
16. Complications of Hysteroscopic Surgery: How to Manage Them and How to Avoid Them
17. Hysteroscopic Distention Media Complications: Recognition, Prevention, and Management
18. Complications of Endometrial Ablation
19. Laparoscopic Training and Education
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2006
- 13th June 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA