Get a quick, expert overview of complex childhood psychiatric disorders from Drs. David I. Driver and Shari Thomas of Healthy Foundations Group. This practical resource presents a summary of today’s current knowledge and best approaches to topics from gender dysphoria to childhood onset schizophrenia and other complex psychiatric disorders.
- Comprehensive guide for any professional working with children.
- Consolidates today’s evidence-based information on complex childhood psychiatric disorders into one convenient resource.
- Provides must-know information on evaluation and management.
- Covers a range of psychiatric disorders of children including psychosis, autoimmune encephalitides, delirium, concussions, ADHD, irritability, sleep disorders, and eating disorders.
1. Gender Dysphoria in Childhood and Adolescence
2. School Refusal
3. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Anxiety
4. Tourette Syndrome
5. Management of ADHD in Youth with Comorbid Epilepsy
6. The evolution from feeding disorders to restrictive/avoidant food intake disorder
7. Eating Disorders
8. Childhood Stress and Trauma
9. Factitious Disorder Imposed on Another
10. Pediatric Sleep Disorders
11. Concussion in Children and Adolescents
12. Pediatric Delirium
13. Pediatric Catatonia
14. Pediatric Inflammatory Brain Disease
15. Disruptive Mood Regulation Disorder
16. Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
17. Childhood Onset Schizophrenia
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 2nd April 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Clinical Fellow, National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Child Psychiatry Branch and National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda Maryland
Attending Physician, Healthy Foundations Group, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Bethesda Maryland