Designed for public health nurses and health visitors at every stage of their career from students to experienced practitioners Community Public Health in Policy and Practice: A Source Book provides an overview of theoretical constructs and principles for community public health practice, including underpinning research. Written by leading experts the book is designed to support innovation and practice development, including dealing with major policy changes and changes to theory and the evidence base. For this edition the text has been completely reorganised and updated including eight brand new chapters.
- New chapters include current information and research about contemporary topics such as digital health, economics and implementation science.
- Updated chapters focus upon relevant knowledge required for current practice, including both seminal theories and research, along with new international frameworks.
- Brief introduction to the long-lasting impacts of Covid-19, as the pandemic unfolds.
- Basics of community public health practice: theory and application
2. Public Health Practice within Communities
3. Complex Place-based Interventions for Health
4. Planning public health strategies
5. Leadership for policy and practice
6. Health needs assessment
7. Relationships and partnership working for public health
8. Public health and the life course
9. Public health practice in a digital world
10. Health program decision-making and implementation science
11. The economics of prevention in the early years
12. Breastfeeding for a healthy start
13. Safeguarding children: a public health imperative
14. Immunisation: ethics, effectiveness, organisation
15. Leadership through alongsideness
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 17th August 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
Emeritus Professor of Community Practice Development, Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, King's College, London, UK
Reader in Child and Family , SEaRCH research group, School of Nursing, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.