Community Mental Health for Older People is the perfect resource for mental health workers as it discuses the ageing population, within the context of community mental health. It provides a comprehensive overview of the important issues and clinical practices that influence mental health care for older people. Written from a multidisciplinary perspective it is suitable for all health workers in community mental health teams (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers, clinical psychologists, consumer representatives, medical practitioners, occupational therapists, registered nurses, social workers, etc) as it incorporates the use of case studies to aid in the application of evidence-based practice.
- Multidisciplinary approach serves to illustrate the breadth and context of mental issues for older people
- Chapters are topical and relevant, discussing issues such as service provision, cultural and rural issues, major disorders and interventions, as well as ethical and legal issues.
- Vignettes are included throughout the clinical chapters and serve to illustrate real cases derived from practice
- Evidence-based practice is a key element to this pivotal new text as it highlights the best method of practise, in a clear and accessible manner.
- Highly readable style without the bulkiness of excessive references
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone Australia 2010
- 29th October 2009
- Churchill Livingstone Australia
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Discipline of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Queensland, Australia
School of Nursing and Midwifery, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.