Find the latest evidence-based research and clinical treatments! Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp, 11th Edition covers the science, theory, and practice of endondontics with chapters written by internationally renowned experts. Full-color illustrations and detailed radiographs guide you through each step of endodontic care — from diagnosis and treatment planning to proven techniques for managing pulpal and periapical diseases. New to the print edition are seven new chapters, and the eBook version adds three more. As an Expert Consult title, Cohen’s Pathways of the Pulp lets you search the entire contents of the book on your desktop or mobile device, and includes videos, case studies, and more. Edited by noted specialists Kenneth Hargreaves and Louis Berman, this book is the definitive resource in endodontics!
- Print version of the text includes 27 comprehensive chapters and meets the CODA requirements for endodontic dental education.
- EBook version of the text consists of 30 searchable chapters, including the 27 chapters in the print version, and features videos, PowerPoint® slides, review questions, case studies, and more; this expanded version makes it easy to find clinical answers quickly, and meets the needs of students, clinicians, and residents in endodontics.
- Videos and animations demonstrate key procedures such as palpation of the masseter muscle, introsseous anesthesia with the X-tip™ system, dentin hypersensitivity, indirect ultrasound, palpation of the temporomandibular joint, and ultrasonic settling.
- Over 2,000 illustrations include full-color photos and line art, along with a wide range of radiographs, clearly demonstrating core concepts and reinforcing the essential principles and techniques of endodontics.
- NEW co-editor Dr. Louis H. Berman joins lead editor Dr. Kenneth M. Hargreaves for this edition, and a respected team of contributors includes experts from many U.S.-based dental education programs, as well as programs in Canada, the U.K., Norway, Sweden, France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
Intro: A View to the Future
2. Radiographic Interpretation NEW!
3. Case Assessment and Treatment Planning
4. Pain Control NEW!
5. Tooth Morphology, Isolation, and Access Prep
6. Cleaning and Shaping of the Root Canal System
7. Obturation of the Root Canal System
8. Non-Surgical Re-Treatment
9. Periradicular Surgery
10. Regenerative Endodontics
11. Evaluation Outcomes NEW!
12. Structure and Functions of the Dental-Pulp Complex
13. Pulpal Reactions to Caries and Dental Procedures
14. Endodontic Microbiology and Treatment of Infections
15. Pathobiology of Apical Periodontitis
16. Root Resorption NEW!
17. Diagnosis of the Non-Odontogenic Toothache
18. Management of Endodontic Emergencies
19. Management of Iatrogenic Events NEW!
20. Dental Trauma
21. Cracks and Fractures
22. Restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth
23. Pediatric Endodontics
24. Endodontic and Periodontic Interrelationships
25. Effects of Age on Endodontics
26. Vital Pulp Therapy NEW!
27. Bleaching Procedures NEW!
28. Understanding and Managing the Anxious Patient (online)
29. Endodontic Records and Legal Responsibilities (online)
30. Endodontic Practice Management (online)
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2015
- 23rd September 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Clinical Associate Professor Department of Endodontics School of Dentistry University of Maryland Baltimore, MD Faculty, Albert Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, PA Private Practice, Annapolis Endodontics Annapolis, MD Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland; Faculty, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Private Practice, Annapolis Endodontics, Annapolis, MDaryland; Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
Professor and Chair, Department of Endodontics; Professor, Departments of Pharmacology, Physiology (Graduate School) and Surgery (Medical School); President's Council Endowed Chair in Research, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio San Antonio, Texas; Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.