Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modelling, and Cognitive Science: Volume Two, Application to Neural Engineering, Robotics, and STEM presents the practical, real-world applications of Cognitive Science to help readers understand how it can help them in their research, engineering and academic pursuits. The book is presented in two volumes, covering Introduction and Theoretical Background, Philosophical and Psychological Theory, and Cognitive Informatics and Computing. Volume Two includes Statistics for Cognitive Science, Cognitive Applications and STEM Case Studies. Other sections cover Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modeling and Cognitive Science: Application to Neural Engineering, Robotics, and STEM.
The book's authors discuss the current status of research in the field of Cognitive Science, including cognitive language processing that paves the ways for developing numerous tools for helping physically challenged persons, and more.
- Identifies how foundational theories and concepts in cognitive science are applicable in other fields
- Includes a comprehensive review of cognitive science applications in multiple domains, applying it to neural engineering, robotics, computer science and STEM
- Presents basic statistics and cognitive maps, testing strategies of hypothesis, maximum likelihood estimator, Bayesian statistics, and discrete probability models of neural computation
- Contains in-depth technical coverage of cognitive applications and case studies, including neuro-computing, brain modeling, cognitive ability and cognitive robots
Biomedical Engineers and researchers in neural engineering and artificial intelligence; data science researchers
1. Approaches from cognitive neuroscience and comparative cognition
2. Functional neuroanatomy and disorders of cognition
3. A cognitive system of elderly exercise evaluation with sensors and robots
4. Models of making choice and control over thought for action
5. Speech recognition technique for identification of raga
6. Future of cognitive science
7. Application of virtual reality systems to psychology and cognitive neuroscience research
8. Electrodermal activity and its effectiveness in cognitive research field
9. Study of modern brain-imaging and -signaling techniques for brain
10. Reading an extremist mind through literary language: approaching cognitive literary hermeneutics to R.N. Tagore’s play The Post Office for neuro-computational predictions
11. REAH: resolution engine for anaphora in Hindi dialogue
12. Surveying various effective modes and research trends on cognitive Internet of Things over wireless sensor network
13. Time- and feature-specific sentiment analysis of product reviews
14. Language learnability analysis of Hindi: a comparison with ideal and constrained learning approaches
15. A special report on changing trends in preventive stroke/cardiovascular risk assessment via B-mode ultrasonography
16. A healthcare text classification system and its performance evaluation: a source of better intelligence by characterizing healthcare text
17. Reconnaissance of automated license-plate detection using deep learning
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 8th April 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
G. R. Sinha, PhD is an Adjunct Professor at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bangalore, India, and presently deputed as Professor at Myanmar Institute of Information Technology (MIIT), Mandalay, Myanmar. He has published 259 research papers in various international and national journals and conferences. He has edited four books with Elsevier, Springer and IOP; and currently editing seven more books with reputed publishers. He is a Visiting Professor (Honorary) of Sri Lanka Technological Campus Colombo. He is a Senate member of MIIT and also ACM Distinguished Speaker in the field of Digital Signal Processing. His research areas include cognitive science, brain computing, image processing, and data science applications.
Adjunct Professor, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bangalore, India
Jasjit S. Suri is an innovator, scientist, visionary, industrialist and an internationally known world leader in biomedical engineering. Dr. Suri has spent over 25 years in the field of biomedical engineering/devices and its management. Dr. Suri was crowned with President’s Gold medal in 1980 and made Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering for his outstanding contributions. He was awarded the Marquis Life Time Achievement Award for his outstanding contributions to medical imaging.
Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc.; Board Member, AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.