Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modelling, and Cognitive Science: Application to Neural Engineering, Robotics, and STEM presents the practical real-world applications of Cognitive Science to help readers understand how it can help them in their research, engineering, and academic pursuits. Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modelling, and Cognitive Science is presented in two volumes. Volume 1 includes three sections: Introduction and Theoretical Background, Philosophical and Psychological Theory, and Cognitive Informatics and Computing. Volume 2 includes three sections: Statistics for Cognitive Science, Cognitive Applications, and STEM Case Studies.
Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modelling, and Cognitive Science: Application to Neural Engineering, Robotics, and STEM, highlights practice strategies and applications. Evaluation of various Cognitive Science tasks and computation results has to be done using statistics. The first section of this volume presents statistics for dealing with uncertainty as complex processes. Probability theory and Bayesian Statistics are discussed to address uncertainty and interpret the cognitive scenario. The second section presents cognitive applications and future trends that can drive innovations for some time to come. This includes cognitive robots; internet of cognitive things; neuro-computing and human brain modelling. The authors discuss the current status of research in the field of Cognitive Science, including cognitive language processing that paves the ways for developing numerous tools for helping physically challenged persons. To deal with the challenges related to cyber-attack and hacking, cyber cognitive systems are also presented.
The final section of Volume 2 provides several prominent case studies based on real-world implementations and studies of Cognitive Science highlighting various aspects of the science such as philosophical, psychological and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) based approaches.
- Identifies how foundational theories and concepts in Cognitive Science are applicable in other fields
- Includes comprehensive review of Cognitive Science applications in multiple domains, applying Cognitive Science to neural engineering, robotics, computer science, and STEM
- Includes coverage of basic statistics and cognitive maps, testing strategies of hypothesis, maximum likelihood estimator, Bayesian statistics, and discrete probability models of neural computation
- Includes in-depth technical coverage of cognitive applications and case studies, including neuro-computing, brain modeling, cognitive ability, cognitive robots
- Also includes coverage of internet of cognitive things, cyber cognitive systems, cognitive natural language processing, machine consciousness, as well as embodied Cognitive Science
- Written by engineers to help engineers and computer scientists understand the theory and applications of Cognitive Science
Biomedical Engineers and researchers in neural engineering and artificial intelligence; data science researchers
- Basic Statistics and Cognitive Maps
2. Testing Strategies of Hypothesis
3. Maximum Likelihood Estimator
4. Bayesian Statistics
5. Discrete Probability Models of Neural Computation
6. Neuro-Computing, Human Brain Modelling and Cognitive Ability
7. Cognitive Robots and Internet of Cognitive Things
8. Cyber Cognitive Systems
9. Cognitive Natural Language Processing for Physically Disabled Persons
10. Machine Consciousness- Mind, Machine and Society
11. Brain Computer Interface and Future of Cognitive Science
12. Philosophical Case Studies
13. Psychological Case Studies
14. Embodied Cognitive Science-Intelligent Behavior of Robots as Human being
15. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) based Case Studies
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st March 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. G R Sinha is Adjunct Professor at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bangalore, and presently deputed to Myanmar Institute of Information Technology (MIIT) Mandalay. He obtained his B.E. (Electronics Engineering) and M.Tech. (Computer Technology) from National Institute of Technology, Raipur. He received Gold Medal for obtaining first position in the University. He received his Ph.D. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai. He has published 219 research papers in various international and national journals and conferences. He is active reviewer and editorial member of more than 12 Reputed International Journals such as IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Elsevier Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Springer Journal of Neural Computing and Applications. He has reviewed research papers of many International Conferences including IEEE conferences. He has more than 19 years of teaching and research experience of 19 years, and has been Dean of Faculty and Executive Council Member of Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai. Dr. Sinha has been appointed as Distinguished Speaker in the field of Digital Signal Processing by ACM for next three years (2017-2020).
Adjunct Professor, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bangalore, India
Dr. Jasjit Suri, PhD, MBA, Fellow AIMBE is an innovator, visionary, scientist, and internationally known world leader. Dr. Suri received the Director General’s Gold medal in 1980 and the Fellow of American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, awarded by the National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC, in 2004. He has published over 650 peer-reviewed articles and has over 100 innovations and trademarks. He has author or co-authored over 45 books. He is currently Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc., Roseville, CA, and is on the board of AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, a company dedicated to atherosclerosis imaging for early screening for stroke and cardiovascular monitoring. He has held positions as a chairman of IEEE Denver section and advisor board member to healthcare industries and several universities in USA and abroad.
Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc., Roseville, CA, USA