Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modelling, and Cognitive Science: Volume Two, Application to Neural Engineering, Robotics, and STEM presents the practical, real-world applications of Cognitive Science to help readers understand how it can help them in their research, engineering and academic pursuits. The book is presented in two volumes, covering Introduction and Theoretical Background, Philosophical and Psychological Theory, and Cognitive Informatics and Computing. Volume Two includes Statistics for Cognitive Science, Cognitive Applications and STEM Case Studies. Other sections cover Cognitive Informatics, Computer Modeling and Cognitive Science: Application to Neural Engineering, Robotics, and STEM.
The book's authors discuss the current status of research in the field of Cognitive Science, including cognitive language processing that paves the ways for developing numerous tools for helping physically challenged persons, and more.
- Identifies how foundational theories and concepts in cognitive science are applicable in other fields
- Includes a comprehensive review of cognitive science applications in multiple domains, applying it to neural engineering, robotics, computer science and STEM
- Presents basic statistics and cognitive maps, testing strategies of hypothesis, maximum likelihood estimator, Bayesian statistics, and discrete probability models of neural computation
- Contains in-depth technical coverage of cognitive applications and case studies, including neuro-computing, brain modeling, cognitive ability and cognitive robots
Biomedical Engineers and researchers in neural engineering and artificial intelligence; data science researchers
1. Approaches from cognitive neuroscience and comparative cognition
2. Functional neuroanatomy and disorders of cognition
3. A cognitive system of elderly exercise evaluation with sensors and robots
4. Models of making choice and control over thought for action
5. Speech recognition technique for identification of raga
6. Future of cognitive science
7. Application of virtual reality systems to psychology and cognitive neuroscience research
8. Electrodermal activity and its effectiveness in cognitive research field
9. Study of modern brain-imaging and -signaling techniques for brain
10. Reading an extremist mind through literary language: approaching cognitive literary hermeneutics to R.N. Tagore’s play The Post Office for neuro-computational predictions
11. REAH: resolution engine for anaphora in Hindi dialogue
12. Surveying various effective modes and research trends on cognitive Internet of Things over wireless sensor network
13. Time- and feature-specific sentiment analysis of product reviews
14. Language learnability analysis of Hindi: a comparison with ideal and constrained learning approaches
15. A special report on changing trends in preventive stroke/cardiovascular risk assessment via B-mode ultrasonography
16. A healthcare text classification system and its performance evaluation: a source of better intelligence by characterizing healthcare text
17. Reconnaissance of automated license-plate detection using deep learning
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 8th April 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. G R Sinha is Adjunct Professor at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bangalore, and presently deputed to Myanmar Institute of Information Technology (MIIT) Mandalay. He obtained his B.E. (Electronics Engineering) and M.Tech. (Computer Technology) from National Institute of Technology, Raipur. He received Gold Medal for obtaining first position in the University. He received his Ph.D. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai. He has published 219 research papers in various international and national journals and conferences. He is active reviewer and editorial member of more than 12 Reputed International Journals such as IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Elsevier Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Springer Journal of Neural Computing and Applications. He has reviewed research papers of many International Conferences including IEEE conferences. He has more than 19 years of teaching and research experience of 19 years, and has been Dean of Faculty and Executive Council Member of Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai. Dr. Sinha has been appointed as Distinguished Speaker in the field of Digital Signal Processing by ACM for next three years (2017-2020).
Adjunct Professor, International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bangalore, India
Dr. Jasrit Suri, PhD, MBA, Fellow AIMBE is an innovator, visionary, scientist, and an internationally known world leader. Dr. Suri received the Director General’s Gold medal in 1980 and the Fellow of American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, awarded by the National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC in 2004. He has published over 650 peer reviewed articles and has over 100 innovations/trademarks. He has author/coauthored over 45 books. He is currently Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc., Roseville, CA, and is on the board of AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, a company dedicated to Atherosclerosis Imaging for early screening for stroke and cardiovascular monitoring. He has held positions as a chairman of IEEE Denver section and advisor board member to healthcare industries and several universities in USA and abroad.
Chairman of Global Biomedical Technologies, Inc.; Board Member, AtheroPoint, Roseville, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.