Grasp complex concepts and develop fundamental knowledge in the rapidly changing field of veterinary pharmacology with Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Veterinary Technicians, 4th Edition. This accessible, comprehensive text explains how drugs work so you can confidently communicate with clients about current drug therapies. Featuring up-to-date drug information and a new full-color design with added illustrations, tables, and boxes, this thorough resource covers drug uses, abuses, calculation errors, and mistakes.
- Covers complex principles of pharmacology in a manner appropriate for both veterinary technicians and students.
- Provides strong introductory content on safety, terminology, pharmacy procedures, drug handling (including the latest OSHA requirements), dosage calculations, and pharmacokinetics.
- Emphasizes the reasons behind drug properties, actions, and effects — not just lists of facts.
- Valuable clinical applications are interspersed throughout every chapter, and concepts are linked to real-life situations to help reinforce learning.
- Critical thinking and review questions at the end of every chapter help you test comprehension.
1. Veterinary Pharmacology and the Veterinary Technician – An Introduction to Understanding Therapeutic Applications
2. Pharmacy Procedures and Dosage Calculations
3. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics: The Principles of How Drugs Work
4. Drugs Affecting the Gastrointestinal Tract
5. Drugs Affecting the Cardiovascular System
6. Drugs Affecting the Respiratory System
7. Drugs Affecting the Endocrine System
8. Drugs Affecting the Nervous System: Analgesics, Tranquilizers, Sedatives, and Anesthetics
9. Drugs Affecting the Nervous System: Anticonvulsants and Behavior-Modifying Drugs
11. Disinfectants and Antiseptics
13. Antiinflammatory Drugs
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2017
- 29th September 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Associate Professor of Veterinary Pharmacology, Assistant to the Director of Veterinary Technology, Purdue University, School of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, IN