Featuring the work of Dr. Fenichel—one of the world's foremost pediatric neurologists—the completely revised and updated 5th Edition reflects the many new advances in the field. Organized by chief complaint, this resource features clear algorithms that smoothly guide readers step by step from presenting symptoms...through evaluation and management. Thorough discussions clearly define age at onset, course of illness, discriminating features, treatment options, and more.
- Features remarkably practical coverage of the primary neurological disorders of childhood.
- Organizes information by signs and symptoms for quick access to specific guidance.
- Makes an excellent review source for preparation for both neurologists and pediatricians, as well as for the pediatric section of the Neurology Board Certification exam.
- Includes a complete differential diagnosis of each presenting complaint, in table form, for easy reference.
- Provides fast access to relevant information through cross-references for disorders with diverse initial features.
- Allows readers to work their way through the difficult subject of neurodegenerative disorders, especially those caused by inborn errors of metabolism, with clearly designed algorithms.
- Paroxymal Disorders
2. Altered States of Consciousness
4. Increased Intracranial Pressure
5. Psychomotor Retardation and Regression
6. The Hypotonic Infant
7. Flaccid Limb Weakness in Childhood
8. Cramps, Muscle Stiffness, and Exercise Intolerance
9. Sensory and Autonomic Disturbances
12. Paraplegia and Quadriplegia
14. Movement Disorders
15. Disorders of Ocular Motility
16. Disorders of the Visual System
17. Lower Brainstem and Cranial Dysfunction
18. Disorders of Cranial Volume and Shape
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2005
- 18th March 2005
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics, Department of Neurology/Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine; Neurologist-in-Chief, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital of Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN