Parents bring their children to pediatrician for common pediatric problems and ask for opinion on coexisting skin problems (secondary complaint) or they come with primary dermatological problems. Very few pediatricians work in dermatology OPD or wards during their training in pediatrics and hence are not able to handle dermatological complaints when they set up their practice. When faced with such a problem, there is a tendency to prescribe ointments containing antibacterial, antifungal agents, and steroids. Such a polytherapeutic approach may have disastrous consequences. Moreover, some of the dermatological conditions in children are different from those in adults. In this era of sub-specialization, general pediatricians who offer primary care to children must be knowledgeable in pediatric dermatological problems. Since 20–30% of cases in pediatric practice have dermatological problems, there is a need for a book on "Pediatric Dermatology" keeping in view the specific problems encountered in Indian subcontinent.
Clinical Pediatric Dermatology is primarily meant for beginners in pediatric dermatology and pediatricians. This book has been written keeping in view the interests of both. The main purpose of this book is to educate pediatricians and dermatologists who take care of young ones with pediatric dermatoses.
- A clinically oriented book for beginners in pediatric dermatology.
- Develops key learning skills to manage pediatric dermatoses.
- Builds clear cut concepts in pediatric dermatology.
- Focuses on common pediatric dermatoses seen in India.
1. Introduction to Principles of Diagnosis
2. Newborn Skin and Its Care
3. Role of Cleansers in Pediatric Skin
4. Principles of Treatment in Pediatric Dermatology
5. Neonatal Dermatoses
6. Nevi in Newborns and Children
8. Bacterial Infections
9. Viral Infections
10. Fungal Infections
12. Eczemas and Dermatitis
13. Urticaria, Angioedema, and Adverse Cutaneous Drug Reactions
14. Mastocytosis and Histiocytoses
15. Pigmentary Disorders
16. Papulosquamous Disorders
17. Vesicobullous Disorders
18. Keratinization Disorders
19. Connective Tissue Disorders
20. Photosensitivity Disorders
22. Nutritional Defi ciency Disorders
23. Disorders of Sebaceous and Sweat Glands
24. Disorders of Hair and Nail
25. Cosmetics in Children
26. Sexually Transmitt ed Diseases in Teenage Group
27. Dermatological Emergencies in Newborns
28. Dermatological Emergencies in Children
29. Miscellaneous Disorders in Children
30. Therapy in Pediatric Dermatology
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2009
- 15th November 2009
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: